Jul 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The family of Bob Probert released a heartfelt statement today, thanking hockey fans and various other people involved in the celebration of the popular pugilist’s life. Here is an excerpt of the release from Bob’s wife Dani, from the Windsor Star.
In our time of need, we, the Probert family, were so humbled with the enormous amount of support, kindness and condolences given to our family in Bob’s honour.
Thank you for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from friends, family, the community, surrounding communities and around the world through our darkest hours. For this, we will always be grateful.
Dani Probert goes on to thank Bob’s fraternity brothers, emergency workers and various other people involved in trying to save her late husband’s life. Obviously, she also thanked members of the hockey community, including the many fans who were vocal in their support.
Here is the end of the statement.
The dignity given to us by motorists, hockey fans and construction workers did not go unnoticed as we made our way to our final goodbyes. Bob would have been so proud.
On behalf of the Probert family, our heartfelt thanks during a time of immense grief and loss. God’s grace will continue to guide and comfort us all.
We wish the best of luck to Dani and the Probert family as they move on without their father, husband and friend.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50