Jul 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The family of Bob Probert released a heartfelt statement today, thanking hockey fans and various other people involved in the celebration of the popular pugilist’s life. Here is an excerpt of the release from Bob’s wife Dani, from the Windsor Star.
In our time of need, we, the Probert family, were so humbled with the enormous amount of support, kindness and condolences given to our family in Bob’s honour.
Thank you for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from friends, family, the community, surrounding communities and around the world through our darkest hours. For this, we will always be grateful.
Dani Probert goes on to thank Bob’s fraternity brothers, emergency workers and various other people involved in trying to save her late husband’s life. Obviously, she also thanked members of the hockey community, including the many fans who were vocal in their support.
Here is the end of the statement.
The dignity given to us by motorists, hockey fans and construction workers did not go unnoticed as we made our way to our final goodbyes. Bob would have been so proud.
On behalf of the Probert family, our heartfelt thanks during a time of immense grief and loss. God’s grace will continue to guide and comfort us all.
We wish the best of luck to Dani and the Probert family as they move on without their father, husband and friend.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 1
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 71
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)