Jul 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The family of Bob Probert released a heartfelt statement today, thanking hockey fans and various other people involved in the celebration of the popular pugilist’s life. Here is an excerpt of the release from Bob’s wife Dani, from the Windsor Star.
In our time of need, we, the Probert family, were so humbled with the enormous amount of support, kindness and condolences given to our family in Bob’s honour.
Thank you for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from friends, family, the community, surrounding communities and around the world through our darkest hours. For this, we will always be grateful.
Dani Probert goes on to thank Bob’s fraternity brothers, emergency workers and various other people involved in trying to save her late husband’s life. Obviously, she also thanked members of the hockey community, including the many fans who were vocal in their support.
Here is the end of the statement.
The dignity given to us by motorists, hockey fans and construction workers did not go unnoticed as we made our way to our final goodbyes. Bob would have been so proud.
On behalf of the Probert family, our heartfelt thanks during a time of immense grief and loss. God’s grace will continue to guide and comfort us all.
We wish the best of luck to Dani and the Probert family as they move on without their father, husband and friend.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15