Jul 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The family of Bob Probert released a heartfelt statement today, thanking hockey fans and various other people involved in the celebration of the popular pugilist’s life. Here is an excerpt of the release from Bob’s wife Dani, from the Windsor Star.
In our time of need, we, the Probert family, were so humbled with the enormous amount of support, kindness and condolences given to our family in Bob’s honour.
Thank you for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from friends, family, the community, surrounding communities and around the world through our darkest hours. For this, we will always be grateful.
Dani Probert goes on to thank Bob’s fraternity brothers, emergency workers and various other people involved in trying to save her late husband’s life. Obviously, she also thanked members of the hockey community, including the many fans who were vocal in their support.
Here is the end of the statement.
The dignity given to us by motorists, hockey fans and construction workers did not go unnoticed as we made our way to our final goodbyes. Bob would have been so proud.
On behalf of the Probert family, our heartfelt thanks during a time of immense grief and loss. God’s grace will continue to guide and comfort us all.
We wish the best of luck to Dani and the Probert family as they move on without their father, husband and friend.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 2
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 15
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 27
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 124
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (124)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)