Jul 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The family of Bob Probert released a heartfelt statement today, thanking hockey fans and various other people involved in the celebration of the popular pugilist’s life. Here is an excerpt of the release from Bob’s wife Dani, from the Windsor Star.
In our time of need, we, the Probert family, were so humbled with the enormous amount of support, kindness and condolences given to our family in Bob’s honour.
Thank you for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from friends, family, the community, surrounding communities and around the world through our darkest hours. For this, we will always be grateful.
Dani Probert goes on to thank Bob’s fraternity brothers, emergency workers and various other people involved in trying to save her late husband’s life. Obviously, she also thanked members of the hockey community, including the many fans who were vocal in their support.
Here is the end of the statement.
The dignity given to us by motorists, hockey fans and construction workers did not go unnoticed as we made our way to our final goodbyes. Bob would have been so proud.
On behalf of the Probert family, our heartfelt thanks during a time of immense grief and loss. God’s grace will continue to guide and comfort us all.
We wish the best of luck to Dani and the Probert family as they move on without their father, husband and friend.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)