Jul 21, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators just announced that they signed forward Nick Foligno to a two-year contract, although in typical fashion, they didn’t reveal the financial details. The team provided a few details on the forward’s fragmented three season career with the big club.
Foligno, 22, finished his third National Hockey League season with the Senators with nine goals, a career-high 17 assists and 51 penalty minutes in 61 games. He missed seven games in December after a right knee injury and missed 13 games after breaking his right leg in a game against the Montreal Canadiens on Jan. 30. In six playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, he recorded one assist and two penalty minutes.
In parts of three seasons with the Senators, Foligno has scored 32 goals and 35 assist for 67 points while recording 132 penalty minutes in 187 career NHL games. In 10 career playoff games, he has scored one goal, one assist and added four penalty minutes.
Injuries kept the 2009-10 season from being his best year with the Senators. Although he did have a career-high in assists in 09-10, his 08-09 season was superior (17 goals, 15 assists for a career high 32 points in 81 games played, also a career high).
The 22-year-old forward is a solid fit for the Senators, averaging 14:19 time on ice last season. He played in all six of their playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, although he only managed one assist in the series.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)