Jul 21, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators just announced that they signed forward Nick Foligno to a two-year contract, although in typical fashion, they didn’t reveal the financial details. The team provided a few details on the forward’s fragmented three season career with the big club.
Foligno, 22, finished his third National Hockey League season with the Senators with nine goals, a career-high 17 assists and 51 penalty minutes in 61 games. He missed seven games in December after a right knee injury and missed 13 games after breaking his right leg in a game against the Montreal Canadiens on Jan. 30. In six playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, he recorded one assist and two penalty minutes.
In parts of three seasons with the Senators, Foligno has scored 32 goals and 35 assist for 67 points while recording 132 penalty minutes in 187 career NHL games. In 10 career playoff games, he has scored one goal, one assist and added four penalty minutes.
Injuries kept the 2009-10 season from being his best year with the Senators. Although he did have a career-high in assists in 09-10, his 08-09 season was superior (17 goals, 15 assists for a career high 32 points in 81 games played, also a career high).
The 22-year-old forward is a solid fit for the Senators, averaging 14:19 time on ice last season. He played in all six of their playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, although he only managed one assist in the series.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)