Jul 21, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators just announced that they signed forward Nick Foligno to a two-year contract, although in typical fashion, they didn’t reveal the financial details. The team provided a few details on the forward’s fragmented three season career with the big club.
Foligno, 22, finished his third National Hockey League season with the Senators with nine goals, a career-high 17 assists and 51 penalty minutes in 61 games. He missed seven games in December after a right knee injury and missed 13 games after breaking his right leg in a game against the Montreal Canadiens on Jan. 30. In six playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, he recorded one assist and two penalty minutes.
In parts of three seasons with the Senators, Foligno has scored 32 goals and 35 assist for 67 points while recording 132 penalty minutes in 187 career NHL games. In 10 career playoff games, he has scored one goal, one assist and added four penalty minutes.
Injuries kept the 2009-10 season from being his best year with the Senators. Although he did have a career-high in assists in 09-10, his 08-09 season was superior (17 goals, 15 assists for a career high 32 points in 81 games played, also a career high).
The 22-year-old forward is a solid fit for the Senators, averaging 14:19 time on ice last season. He played in all six of their playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, although he only managed one assist in the series.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)