Jul 20, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
If you’ve been obsessively refreshing our site to make sure you don’t miss out on when Mike Modano decides to sign with another team, it turns out you can keep doing that but you might be really tired by the time he might make a decision. The Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James got the scoop which was then confirmed by the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika.
It appears it will be another few weeks before the Red Wings know if center Mike Modano will accept their offer to play for them.Reached Monday evening, Modano told the Free Press he’ll make a decision, “when I start skating again — see how that feels.”
Modano said he plans to hit the ice Aug. 5 and that he won’t make a decision before that time. He confirmed his options for continuing his 20-season NHL career are Detroit, San Jose and Minnesota.
Ever get the feeling that if it could be done, they’d send out a “Save The Date” notice to teams to let them know when Mike is thinking of making a decision. Some folks aren’t exactly enamored with the Mike Modano show. Case in point, the Chief from Abel to Yzerman who doesn’t want to see Modano come at the expense of Darren Helm or Justin Abdelkader.
Just stay out. We’re tired of you, this story, this summer, this whole deal. Just STFU and stay the F out of Hockeytown. And if this even comes close to costing us Helmer or Home Keys? We’re hunting your metro ass down.
If you’re not learned on your Internet shorthand, you’re missing out on the big part of The Chief’s message, just know that you probably wouldn’t like your kids to look it up themselves. Who am I kidding, they already know what it means.
As it is, we’ll sit here and patiently wait for Mike Modano to decide on his future but I’m doubting that this is the last we hear of him for the next two weeks.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)