Jul 20, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
If you’ve been obsessively refreshing our site to make sure you don’t miss out on when Mike Modano decides to sign with another team, it turns out you can keep doing that but you might be really tired by the time he might make a decision. The Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James got the scoop which was then confirmed by the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika.
It appears it will be another few weeks before the Red Wings know if center Mike Modano will accept their offer to play for them.Reached Monday evening, Modano told the Free Press he’ll make a decision, “when I start skating again — see how that feels.”
Modano said he plans to hit the ice Aug. 5 and that he won’t make a decision before that time. He confirmed his options for continuing his 20-season NHL career are Detroit, San Jose and Minnesota.
Ever get the feeling that if it could be done, they’d send out a “Save The Date” notice to teams to let them know when Mike is thinking of making a decision. Some folks aren’t exactly enamored with the Mike Modano show. Case in point, the Chief from Abel to Yzerman who doesn’t want to see Modano come at the expense of Darren Helm or Justin Abdelkader.
Just stay out. We’re tired of you, this story, this summer, this whole deal. Just STFU and stay the F out of Hockeytown. And if this even comes close to costing us Helmer or Home Keys? We’re hunting your metro ass down.
If you’re not learned on your Internet shorthand, you’re missing out on the big part of The Chief’s message, just know that you probably wouldn’t like your kids to look it up themselves. Who am I kidding, they already know what it means.
As it is, we’ll sit here and patiently wait for Mike Modano to decide on his future but I’m doubting that this is the last we hear of him for the next two weeks.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)