Jul 20, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
If you’ve been obsessively refreshing our site to make sure you don’t miss out on when Mike Modano decides to sign with another team, it turns out you can keep doing that but you might be really tired by the time he might make a decision. The Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James got the scoop which was then confirmed by the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika.
It appears it will be another few weeks before the Red Wings know if center Mike Modano will accept their offer to play for them.Reached Monday evening, Modano told the Free Press he’ll make a decision, “when I start skating again — see how that feels.”
Modano said he plans to hit the ice Aug. 5 and that he won’t make a decision before that time. He confirmed his options for continuing his 20-season NHL career are Detroit, San Jose and Minnesota.
Ever get the feeling that if it could be done, they’d send out a “Save The Date” notice to teams to let them know when Mike is thinking of making a decision. Some folks aren’t exactly enamored with the Mike Modano show. Case in point, the Chief from Abel to Yzerman who doesn’t want to see Modano come at the expense of Darren Helm or Justin Abdelkader.
Just stay out. We’re tired of you, this story, this summer, this whole deal. Just STFU and stay the F out of Hockeytown. And if this even comes close to costing us Helmer or Home Keys? We’re hunting your metro ass down.
If you’re not learned on your Internet shorthand, you’re missing out on the big part of The Chief’s message, just know that you probably wouldn’t like your kids to look it up themselves. Who am I kidding, they already know what it means.
As it is, we’ll sit here and patiently wait for Mike Modano to decide on his future but I’m doubting that this is the last we hear of him for the next two weeks.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)