Jul 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
When word spread that Ilya Kovalchuk re-signed with the New Jersey Devils, some immediately thought of the other names bandied about this summer. One of them was Simon Gagne, who the Flyers reportedly traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning moments ago.
In an earlier Tweet, Seravalli passed along word that the Flyers might receive Dana Tyrell and Ty Wishart for Gagne, but that has not been confirmed just yet. Other rumors indicate that the Flyers might receive goalie Mike Smith in the deal. We’re still waiting on the exact perimeters of the trade, though.
We’ll let you know once official announcements are made, so consider this a well-founded rumor right now.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)