Jul 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
When word spread that Ilya Kovalchuk re-signed with the New Jersey Devils, some immediately thought of the other names bandied about this summer. One of them was Simon Gagne, who the Flyers reportedly traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning moments ago.
In an earlier Tweet, Seravalli passed along word that the Flyers might receive Dana Tyrell and Ty Wishart for Gagne, but that has not been confirmed just yet. Other rumors indicate that the Flyers might receive goalie Mike Smith in the deal. We’re still waiting on the exact perimeters of the trade, though.
We’ll let you know once official announcements are made, so consider this a well-founded rumor right now.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 8
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (50)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)