Jul 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EST
When word spread that Ilya Kovalchuk re-signed with the New Jersey Devils, some immediately thought of the other names bandied about this summer. One of them was Simon Gagne, who the Flyers reportedly traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning moments ago.
In an earlier Tweet, Seravalli passed along word that the Flyers might receive Dana Tyrell and Ty Wishart for Gagne, but that has not been confirmed just yet. Other rumors indicate that the Flyers might receive goalie Mike Smith in the deal. We’re still waiting on the exact perimeters of the trade, though.
We’ll let you know once official announcements are made, so consider this a well-founded rumor right now.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)