Jul 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
When word spread that Ilya Kovalchuk re-signed with the New Jersey Devils, some immediately thought of the other names bandied about this summer. One of them was Simon Gagne, who the Flyers reportedly traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning moments ago.
In an earlier Tweet, Seravalli passed along word that the Flyers might receive Dana Tyrell and Ty Wishart for Gagne, but that has not been confirmed just yet. Other rumors indicate that the Flyers might receive goalie Mike Smith in the deal. We’re still waiting on the exact perimeters of the trade, though.
We’ll let you know once official announcements are made, so consider this a well-founded rumor right now.
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 5
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 29
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 47
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)