Jul 19, 2010, 10:43 PM EDT
You didn’t think that Ilya Kovalchuk and Simon Gagne would steal all of the headlines today, did you? Silly human. George Malik of MLive.com passes along word from the Detroit News’ Ted Kulfan that he fully expects Mike Modano to pass on joining the Detroit Red Wings.
Several people have asked me if Mike Modano is going to sign with the Red Wings.
At the beginning of this dance, I felt that he would not, and I still feel that way.
I get the sense, reading between the lines of Modano’s comments, that returning home — he’s originally from Westland — isn’t a big deal to him, especially at this point in his career. It might have been at some point, but not anymore.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 35
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (35)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)