Jul 19, 2010, 10:43 PM EDT
You didn’t think that Ilya Kovalchuk and Simon Gagne would steal all of the headlines today, did you? Silly human. George Malik of MLive.com passes along word from the Detroit News’ Ted Kulfan that he fully expects Mike Modano to pass on joining the Detroit Red Wings.
Several people have asked me if Mike Modano is going to sign with the Red Wings.
At the beginning of this dance, I felt that he would not, and I still feel that way.
I get the sense, reading between the lines of Modano’s comments, that returning home — he’s originally from Westland — isn’t a big deal to him, especially at this point in his career. It might have been at some point, but not anymore.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)