Jul 19, 2010, 11:45 AM EST
We’ve all been lead astray by claims that Ilya Kovalchuk would end what I’ve now deemed “Ilyawn Watch” for quite some time now. It’s difficult not to be a little bit sardonic about it, to be honest.
However, such rumors gain a little more steam when his agent Jay Grossman makes a claim. Now, that doesn’t mean he’s 100 percent infallible on these things, either, as he said his client would decide many moons ago (and that obviously didn’t come true). Still, Grossman said it will happen today … “for sure this time.” Here’s a link to the Tweet and just in case the rumors fall flat again, here’s a screen capture of that very Tweet.
Of course, this is part of the “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me 857 times, shame on the universe” routine so take this with a grain of salt. At this point, you might be able to fill a salt shaker.
We’ll keep you up to date, especially if this goes from “yet another ill-fated rumor” to “the biggest free agent in eons finally making a decision.”
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 33
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)