Jul 19, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
We’ve all been lead astray by claims that Ilya Kovalchuk would end what I’ve now deemed “Ilyawn Watch” for quite some time now. It’s difficult not to be a little bit sardonic about it, to be honest.
However, such rumors gain a little more steam when his agent Jay Grossman makes a claim. Now, that doesn’t mean he’s 100 percent infallible on these things, either, as he said his client would decide many moons ago (and that obviously didn’t come true). Still, Grossman said it will happen today … “for sure this time.” Here’s a link to the Tweet and just in case the rumors fall flat again, here’s a screen capture of that very Tweet.
Of course, this is part of the “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me 857 times, shame on the universe” routine so take this with a grain of salt. At this point, you might be able to fill a salt shaker.
We’ll keep you up to date, especially if this goes from “yet another ill-fated rumor” to “the biggest free agent in eons finally making a decision.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54