Jul 19, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
We’ve all been lead astray by claims that Ilya Kovalchuk would end what I’ve now deemed “Ilyawn Watch” for quite some time now. It’s difficult not to be a little bit sardonic about it, to be honest.
However, such rumors gain a little more steam when his agent Jay Grossman makes a claim. Now, that doesn’t mean he’s 100 percent infallible on these things, either, as he said his client would decide many moons ago (and that obviously didn’t come true). Still, Grossman said it will happen today … “for sure this time.” Here’s a link to the Tweet and just in case the rumors fall flat again, here’s a screen capture of that very Tweet.
Of course, this is part of the “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me 857 times, shame on the universe” routine so take this with a grain of salt. At this point, you might be able to fill a salt shaker.
We’ll keep you up to date, especially if this goes from “yet another ill-fated rumor” to “the biggest free agent in eons finally making a decision.”
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)