Jul 19, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
We’ve all been lead astray by claims that Ilya Kovalchuk would end what I’ve now deemed “Ilyawn Watch” for quite some time now. It’s difficult not to be a little bit sardonic about it, to be honest.
However, such rumors gain a little more steam when his agent Jay Grossman makes a claim. Now, that doesn’t mean he’s 100 percent infallible on these things, either, as he said his client would decide many moons ago (and that obviously didn’t come true). Still, Grossman said it will happen today … “for sure this time.” Here’s a link to the Tweet and just in case the rumors fall flat again, here’s a screen capture of that very Tweet.
Of course, this is part of the “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me 857 times, shame on the universe” routine so take this with a grain of salt. At this point, you might be able to fill a salt shaker.
We’ll keep you up to date, especially if this goes from “yet another ill-fated rumor” to “the biggest free agent in eons finally making a decision.”
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18