Jul 19, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
We’ve all been lead astray by claims that Ilya Kovalchuk would end what I’ve now deemed “Ilyawn Watch” for quite some time now. It’s difficult not to be a little bit sardonic about it, to be honest.
However, such rumors gain a little more steam when his agent Jay Grossman makes a claim. Now, that doesn’t mean he’s 100 percent infallible on these things, either, as he said his client would decide many moons ago (and that obviously didn’t come true). Still, Grossman said it will happen today … “for sure this time.” Here’s a link to the Tweet and just in case the rumors fall flat again, here’s a screen capture of that very Tweet.
Of course, this is part of the “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me 857 times, shame on the universe” routine so take this with a grain of salt. At this point, you might be able to fill a salt shaker.
We’ll keep you up to date, especially if this goes from “yet another ill-fated rumor” to “the biggest free agent in eons finally making a decision.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)