Jul 18, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Paul Kelly was “railroaded” out of office – I don’t know who is responsible for making “railroad” a verb, but that person deserves a free beer or five.
Maple Leafs pass on prospect obtained in Kris Versteeg trade – Gaining Kris Versteeg for peanuts is easily – in my opinion – Brian Burke’s best move as a GM for Toronto. Sadly, that list is pretty slim, though.
Why Stars fans should be more optimistic about the future – *Writes a magic marker line through Sean Avery’s buyout amount, goes to a picnic in the park.*
Looking ahead to 2011 free agency – For those of you who prefer to panic (or dream) early.
Kings wrap up three more forwards – None of them named Kovalchuk, though.
New Lightning regime wants its players to remember the good, not-so-old days of ’04 – Positivity can be a good thing in sports, sometimes. (Avoids a chair thrown by Bobby Knight.)
Duncan Keith enjoys day with the Cup – Hopefully he visited his dentist. After all, Keith probably cheated on him when he had to get all those new teeth …
Thrashers rebuild in the image of their imposing new GM – Rick Dudley seems to lean toward “physical specimens.” This is probably my best post of the weekend.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 1
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2