Jul 18, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Paul Kelly was “railroaded” out of office – I don’t know who is responsible for making “railroad” a verb, but that person deserves a free beer or five.
Maple Leafs pass on prospect obtained in Kris Versteeg trade – Gaining Kris Versteeg for peanuts is easily – in my opinion – Brian Burke’s best move as a GM for Toronto. Sadly, that list is pretty slim, though.
Why Stars fans should be more optimistic about the future – *Writes a magic marker line through Sean Avery’s buyout amount, goes to a picnic in the park.*
Looking ahead to 2011 free agency – For those of you who prefer to panic (or dream) early.
Kings wrap up three more forwards – None of them named Kovalchuk, though.
New Lightning regime wants its players to remember the good, not-so-old days of ’04 – Positivity can be a good thing in sports, sometimes. (Avoids a chair thrown by Bobby Knight.)
Duncan Keith enjoys day with the Cup – Hopefully he visited his dentist. After all, Keith probably cheated on him when he had to get all those new teeth …
Thrashers rebuild in the image of their imposing new GM – Rick Dudley seems to lean toward “physical specimens.” This is probably my best post of the weekend.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)