Jul 18, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Paul Kelly was “railroaded” out of office – I don’t know who is responsible for making “railroad” a verb, but that person deserves a free beer or five.
Maple Leafs pass on prospect obtained in Kris Versteeg trade – Gaining Kris Versteeg for peanuts is easily – in my opinion – Brian Burke’s best move as a GM for Toronto. Sadly, that list is pretty slim, though.
Why Stars fans should be more optimistic about the future – *Writes a magic marker line through Sean Avery’s buyout amount, goes to a picnic in the park.*
Looking ahead to 2011 free agency – For those of you who prefer to panic (or dream) early.
Kings wrap up three more forwards – None of them named Kovalchuk, though.
New Lightning regime wants its players to remember the good, not-so-old days of ’04 – Positivity can be a good thing in sports, sometimes. (Avoids a chair thrown by Bobby Knight.)
Duncan Keith enjoys day with the Cup – Hopefully he visited his dentist. After all, Keith probably cheated on him when he had to get all those new teeth …
Thrashers rebuild in the image of their imposing new GM – Rick Dudley seems to lean toward “physical specimens.” This is probably my best post of the weekend.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)