Jul 18, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Paul Kelly was “railroaded” out of office – I don’t know who is responsible for making “railroad” a verb, but that person deserves a free beer or five.
Maple Leafs pass on prospect obtained in Kris Versteeg trade – Gaining Kris Versteeg for peanuts is easily – in my opinion – Brian Burke’s best move as a GM for Toronto. Sadly, that list is pretty slim, though.
Why Stars fans should be more optimistic about the future – *Writes a magic marker line through Sean Avery’s buyout amount, goes to a picnic in the park.*
Looking ahead to 2011 free agency – For those of you who prefer to panic (or dream) early.
Kings wrap up three more forwards – None of them named Kovalchuk, though.
New Lightning regime wants its players to remember the good, not-so-old days of ’04 – Positivity can be a good thing in sports, sometimes. (Avoids a chair thrown by Bobby Knight.)
Duncan Keith enjoys day with the Cup – Hopefully he visited his dentist. After all, Keith probably cheated on him when he had to get all those new teeth …
Thrashers rebuild in the image of their imposing new GM – Rick Dudley seems to lean toward “physical specimens.” This is probably my best post of the weekend.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)