Jul 18, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Paul Kelly was “railroaded” out of office – I don’t know who is responsible for making “railroad” a verb, but that person deserves a free beer or five.
Maple Leafs pass on prospect obtained in Kris Versteeg trade – Gaining Kris Versteeg for peanuts is easily – in my opinion – Brian Burke’s best move as a GM for Toronto. Sadly, that list is pretty slim, though.
Why Stars fans should be more optimistic about the future – *Writes a magic marker line through Sean Avery’s buyout amount, goes to a picnic in the park.*
Looking ahead to 2011 free agency – For those of you who prefer to panic (or dream) early.
Kings wrap up three more forwards – None of them named Kovalchuk, though.
New Lightning regime wants its players to remember the good, not-so-old days of ’04 – Positivity can be a good thing in sports, sometimes. (Avoids a chair thrown by Bobby Knight.)
Duncan Keith enjoys day with the Cup – Hopefully he visited his dentist. After all, Keith probably cheated on him when he had to get all those new teeth …
Thrashers rebuild in the image of their imposing new GM – Rick Dudley seems to lean toward “physical specimens.” This is probably my best post of the weekend.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 21
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)