Jul 17, 2010, 7:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars continued their off-season mission of making sure the AHL Texas Stars will have an experienced and ready to redeem themselves team again next season. As you may or may not know, the Texas Stars lost to the Hershey Bears in the Calder Cup final. The Stars have re-signed one time Cornell Big Red forward Ray Sawada.
Sawada, 24, spend the majority of last season with the Texas Stars, appearing in 60 games and tallying 19 points (8g, 11a) and 92 penalty minutes. He also played five games for Dallas in 2009-10 recording two shots. The 6-2, 207-pound right wing has played 122 career AHL games, collecting 49 points (16g, 33a).
This is a straight up depth move, of course, and it adds to the moves the Stars completed recently to bring back Brad Lukowich, among others. As for any updates on restricted free agent James Neal, keep hoping. There’s nothing new on the front there.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20