Jul 16, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Is Mikko Koivu’s contract worth too much money? – Probably a little bit, but then again, Minnesota isn’t exactly a Stanley Cup shoo-in so perhaps they have to pay a little more than market value.
Anton Volchenkov’s first choice wasn’t New Jersey – As a former Garden State resident, I can safely say that New Jersey isn’t the first choice of many. (Maybe Bruce Springsteen?)
Mike Babcock believes Modano is Detroit-bound – Dallas Stars fans believe their blood is just below boiling.
Today’s pile of depth signings – A slow trickle from here on out … at best.
Lightning hire new assistant GM Julian BriseBois – I assume no one calls him “Breeze-by.”
Dallas Stars are on the brink of being sold … Or Are they? – Nothing’s easy with Tom Hicks these days.
College hockey’s recruiting battle with the CHL – Is that the plot of “Blue Chips 2: Obscure Edition”?
KHL team UHC Dynamo hires Ovechkin as an advisor – Apparently they needed to work on their goal celebrations and picking up Russian women.
Justin Williams hopes to rebound from injuries – Perhaps he should consult Mr. Marian Gaborik on this one.
Ilya Kovalchuk and LA are getting closer … ALLEGEDLY – We’ll believe it when it’s officially announced, but it’s still the biggest story of free agency even after a million months or however long it’s been.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)