Jul 16, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Is Mikko Koivu’s contract worth too much money? – Probably a little bit, but then again, Minnesota isn’t exactly a Stanley Cup shoo-in so perhaps they have to pay a little more than market value.
Anton Volchenkov’s first choice wasn’t New Jersey – As a former Garden State resident, I can safely say that New Jersey isn’t the first choice of many. (Maybe Bruce Springsteen?)
Mike Babcock believes Modano is Detroit-bound – Dallas Stars fans believe their blood is just below boiling.
Today’s pile of depth signings – A slow trickle from here on out … at best.
Lightning hire new assistant GM Julian BriseBois – I assume no one calls him “Breeze-by.”
Dallas Stars are on the brink of being sold … Or Are they? – Nothing’s easy with Tom Hicks these days.
College hockey’s recruiting battle with the CHL – Is that the plot of “Blue Chips 2: Obscure Edition”?
KHL team UHC Dynamo hires Ovechkin as an advisor – Apparently they needed to work on their goal celebrations and picking up Russian women.
Justin Williams hopes to rebound from injuries – Perhaps he should consult Mr. Marian Gaborik on this one.
Ilya Kovalchuk and LA are getting closer … ALLEGEDLY – We’ll believe it when it’s officially announced, but it’s still the biggest story of free agency even after a million months or however long it’s been.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)