Jul 16, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Is Mikko Koivu’s contract worth too much money? – Probably a little bit, but then again, Minnesota isn’t exactly a Stanley Cup shoo-in so perhaps they have to pay a little more than market value.
Anton Volchenkov’s first choice wasn’t New Jersey – As a former Garden State resident, I can safely say that New Jersey isn’t the first choice of many. (Maybe Bruce Springsteen?)
Mike Babcock believes Modano is Detroit-bound – Dallas Stars fans believe their blood is just below boiling.
Today’s pile of depth signings – A slow trickle from here on out … at best.
Lightning hire new assistant GM Julian BriseBois – I assume no one calls him “Breeze-by.”
Dallas Stars are on the brink of being sold … Or Are they? – Nothing’s easy with Tom Hicks these days.
College hockey’s recruiting battle with the CHL – Is that the plot of “Blue Chips 2: Obscure Edition”?
KHL team UHC Dynamo hires Ovechkin as an advisor – Apparently they needed to work on their goal celebrations and picking up Russian women.
Justin Williams hopes to rebound from injuries – Perhaps he should consult Mr. Marian Gaborik on this one.
Ilya Kovalchuk and LA are getting closer … ALLEGEDLY – We’ll believe it when it’s officially announced, but it’s still the biggest story of free agency even after a million months or however long it’s been.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)