Jul 16, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Is Mikko Koivu’s contract worth too much money? – Probably a little bit, but then again, Minnesota isn’t exactly a Stanley Cup shoo-in so perhaps they have to pay a little more than market value.
Anton Volchenkov’s first choice wasn’t New Jersey – As a former Garden State resident, I can safely say that New Jersey isn’t the first choice of many. (Maybe Bruce Springsteen?)
Mike Babcock believes Modano is Detroit-bound – Dallas Stars fans believe their blood is just below boiling.
Today’s pile of depth signings – A slow trickle from here on out … at best.
Lightning hire new assistant GM Julian BriseBois – I assume no one calls him “Breeze-by.”
Dallas Stars are on the brink of being sold … Or Are they? – Nothing’s easy with Tom Hicks these days.
College hockey’s recruiting battle with the CHL – Is that the plot of “Blue Chips 2: Obscure Edition”?
KHL team UHC Dynamo hires Ovechkin as an advisor – Apparently they needed to work on their goal celebrations and picking up Russian women.
Justin Williams hopes to rebound from injuries – Perhaps he should consult Mr. Marian Gaborik on this one.
Ilya Kovalchuk and LA are getting closer … ALLEGEDLY – We’ll believe it when it’s officially announced, but it’s still the biggest story of free agency even after a million months or however long it’s been.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5