Jul 16, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Is Mikko Koivu’s contract worth too much money? – Probably a little bit, but then again, Minnesota isn’t exactly a Stanley Cup shoo-in so perhaps they have to pay a little more than market value.
Anton Volchenkov’s first choice wasn’t New Jersey – As a former Garden State resident, I can safely say that New Jersey isn’t the first choice of many. (Maybe Bruce Springsteen?)
Mike Babcock believes Modano is Detroit-bound – Dallas Stars fans believe their blood is just below boiling.
Today’s pile of depth signings – A slow trickle from here on out … at best.
Lightning hire new assistant GM Julian BriseBois – I assume no one calls him “Breeze-by.”
Dallas Stars are on the brink of being sold … Or Are they? – Nothing’s easy with Tom Hicks these days.
College hockey’s recruiting battle with the CHL – Is that the plot of “Blue Chips 2: Obscure Edition”?
KHL team UHC Dynamo hires Ovechkin as an advisor – Apparently they needed to work on their goal celebrations and picking up Russian women.
Justin Williams hopes to rebound from injuries – Perhaps he should consult Mr. Marian Gaborik on this one.
Ilya Kovalchuk and LA are getting closer … ALLEGEDLY – We’ll believe it when it’s officially announced, but it’s still the biggest story of free agency even after a million months or however long it’s been.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)