Jul 16, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
There’s often way too many smaller signings that fly under the radar that even get by us sometimes. Instead of playing it like we’ve got Vesa Toskala-like skills, here’s a wrap up of everything that’s come through today signing-wise. If we don’t get too in depth on these signings, don’t hold it against us too much. A lot of these guys won’t see much, if any, NHL time next season unless there’s an injury epidemic.
Kings re-sign Marc-Andre Cliche: If you know the Stone Temple Pilots song “Ride The Cliche” it’s now stuck in your head.
Stars sign three defensemen: The main name here is former Cup-winning Star Brad Lukowich. Trevor Ludwig makes me think of former Stars shotblocker Craig Ludwig. Maxime Fortunus has one of the best names in hockey.
Oilers sign former Habs forward Greg Stewart: Stewart is a bruiser and energy line type of guy. Oklahoma City will love him.
Blues sign T.J. Hensick to a one-year extension: The Blues love guys with shortened names. They’ve got T.J. (Hensick, Oshie, Fast) B.J. (Crombeen) and D.J. (King).
Predators sign Jamie Lundmark: Another nice center depth signing for the Predators.
Penguins sign defenseman Corey Potter: Potter was in the Rangers system before. Expect him in Scranton-Wilkes Barre.
Sabres sign defenseman/enforcer Tim Conboy: Conboy is one big, angry dude. He’d fight a broom for looking at him funny.
Red Wings re-sign defenseman Sergei Kolosov: Kolosov has yet to get a whiff of action in the NHL, but he did play for Belarus in the Olympics, so he’s got that going for him.
Lightning re-sign forward Paul Szczechura: If you can spell his last name without looking it up, you get a free pass into the National Spelling Bee.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 18
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)