Jul 16, 2010, 2:43 PM EST
There’s often way too many smaller signings that fly under the radar that even get by us sometimes. Instead of playing it like we’ve got Vesa Toskala-like skills, here’s a wrap up of everything that’s come through today signing-wise. If we don’t get too in depth on these signings, don’t hold it against us too much. A lot of these guys won’t see much, if any, NHL time next season unless there’s an injury epidemic.
Kings re-sign Marc-Andre Cliche: If you know the Stone Temple Pilots song “Ride The Cliche” it’s now stuck in your head.
Stars sign three defensemen: The main name here is former Cup-winning Star Brad Lukowich. Trevor Ludwig makes me think of former Stars shotblocker Craig Ludwig. Maxime Fortunus has one of the best names in hockey.
Oilers sign former Habs forward Greg Stewart: Stewart is a bruiser and energy line type of guy. Oklahoma City will love him.
Blues sign T.J. Hensick to a one-year extension: The Blues love guys with shortened names. They’ve got T.J. (Hensick, Oshie, Fast) B.J. (Crombeen) and D.J. (King).
Predators sign Jamie Lundmark: Another nice center depth signing for the Predators.
Penguins sign defenseman Corey Potter: Potter was in the Rangers system before. Expect him in Scranton-Wilkes Barre.
Sabres sign defenseman/enforcer Tim Conboy: Conboy is one big, angry dude. He’d fight a broom for looking at him funny.
Red Wings re-sign defenseman Sergei Kolosov: Kolosov has yet to get a whiff of action in the NHL, but he did play for Belarus in the Olympics, so he’s got that going for him.
Lightning re-sign forward Paul Szczechura: If you can spell his last name without looking it up, you get a free pass into the National Spelling Bee.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 58
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (143)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)