Jul 16, 2010, 6:23 PM EDT
If you’ve been keeping a list of all the players eligible for arbitration hearings, (why wouldn’t you be you’re a crazy fan, right?) you can cross off one more name from your list. Damian Cristodero from the St. Petersburg Times spills the details.
The Tampa Bay Lightning avoided arbitration with Nate Thompson by signing the center to a one-year, $625,000 deal.
Thompson, 25, had a goal and four points in 32 games for Tampa Bay after being claimed off waivers in January from the Islanders.
Thompson is a grinder in the most perfect sense of the word. He’ll throw the body around, he’ll drop the gloves, he’ll get into the dirty areas. He’s fun that way. Plug him into the third or fourth line and he’ll do all the rest. One thing he may have to do more of is fight as last year’s super scrapper, Zenon Konopka, is now a member of the Islanders.
As the names come off that arbitration list and potential dates for hearings are squared away, we’ll see how much more interesting things get and if we’ll have any arduous court cases to get the fallout from. The biggest name on that list still waiting to sign, of course, is Chicago’s Antti Niemi.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)