Jul 15, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov becomes a Canadian – See what Joe did there? Nicely done.
Are the Lightning eyeballing Simon Gagne? – Why not? I mean, he’s a handsome ma-oh, oops.
The return of Nikita Filatov – Hopefully this means my proposed “La Femme Nikita” nickname will take off. It’s not about being derogatory, just about the dopiest pun possible, folks.
What if … The Oilers didn’t match that Thomas Vanek offer sheet? – I’m a sucker for hypothetical situations (and space/time paradoxes, for that matter).
Blackhawks re-sign Jack Skille – So many puns for his last name, although most of them involve the way it’s spelled rather than the way it’s pronounced …
Leafs sign trio destined for AHL – He might not do much else, but Mike Zigomanis sure can win a face-off. More than half of them, actually.
Hurricanes to retire Rod Brind’Amour’s number – His grit, leadership and ridiculous face-off winning abilities will be missed. And not just in video games, either.
Pavol Demitra headed for KHL – Seems about right.
Minnesota signs Mikko Koivu to richest deal in Wild history – Just because someone is overpaid doesn’t mean they’re “bad.” That’s only the case with guys like Wade Redden.
Bruins sign Greg Campbell for about twice what he’s worth – Boston is good at making solid trades but signing their players? Yeah, that’s a weak spot.
Chris Bourque expected to join the KHL – Probably for the best for a kid who has the good/bad fortune of being the son of Ray Bourque.
What about Willie Mitchell? – Not to be confused with “Slick Willie.”
Controversy abounds over Jonathan Toews Lake – I must admit, I didn’t see this one coming.
Gilbert Brule’s charitable work stands out – Sad, but heartwarming story about Brule’s charitable work.
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 55
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)