Jul 15, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov becomes a Canadian – See what Joe did there? Nicely done.
Are the Lightning eyeballing Simon Gagne? – Why not? I mean, he’s a handsome ma-oh, oops.
The return of Nikita Filatov – Hopefully this means my proposed “La Femme Nikita” nickname will take off. It’s not about being derogatory, just about the dopiest pun possible, folks.
What if … The Oilers didn’t match that Thomas Vanek offer sheet? – I’m a sucker for hypothetical situations (and space/time paradoxes, for that matter).
Blackhawks re-sign Jack Skille – So many puns for his last name, although most of them involve the way it’s spelled rather than the way it’s pronounced …
Leafs sign trio destined for AHL – He might not do much else, but Mike Zigomanis sure can win a face-off. More than half of them, actually.
Hurricanes to retire Rod Brind’Amour’s number – His grit, leadership and ridiculous face-off winning abilities will be missed. And not just in video games, either.
Pavol Demitra headed for KHL – Seems about right.
Minnesota signs Mikko Koivu to richest deal in Wild history – Just because someone is overpaid doesn’t mean they’re “bad.” That’s only the case with guys like Wade Redden.
Bruins sign Greg Campbell for about twice what he’s worth – Boston is good at making solid trades but signing their players? Yeah, that’s a weak spot.
Chris Bourque expected to join the KHL – Probably for the best for a kid who has the good/bad fortune of being the son of Ray Bourque.
What about Willie Mitchell? – Not to be confused with “Slick Willie.”
Controversy abounds over Jonathan Toews Lake – I must admit, I didn’t see this one coming.
Gilbert Brule’s charitable work stands out – Sad, but heartwarming story about Brule’s charitable work.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 1
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)