Jul 15, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have helped fill out their system with three experienced AHL veterans. Luckily for them, they’ll get to play in the same city when the season starts as these three are destined to play for the Leafs’ AHL team, the Toronto Marlies. TSN lets us in on who these guys are.
The Toronto Maple Leafs signed a trio of players on Thursday, including unrestricted free agent forwards Mike Zigomanis and Joey Crabb, along with defenceman Danny Richmond.
Each of the three players spent time in the American Hockey League last season.
Zigomanis is a small-ish centerman who wins a ton of face-offs and is a great scorer in the AHL. Joey Crabb was obtained by the Blackhawks in the Dustin Byfuglien trade but allowed to become a free agent on July 1. Crabb has seen some time with the Atlanta Thrashers in the past but spent most of his time in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves. Danny Richmond is your prototypical journeyman defenseman in the AHL. He’ll hit guys, he’ll fight guys and play OK positional defense.
If you get to see or hear too much from these guys with the Maple Leafs this year, let’s just say it’s likely that the Leafs season isn’t going the way they expected it to.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 2
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 10
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)