Jul 15, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have helped fill out their system with three experienced AHL veterans. Luckily for them, they’ll get to play in the same city when the season starts as these three are destined to play for the Leafs’ AHL team, the Toronto Marlies. TSN lets us in on who these guys are.
The Toronto Maple Leafs signed a trio of players on Thursday, including unrestricted free agent forwards Mike Zigomanis and Joey Crabb, along with defenceman Danny Richmond.
Each of the three players spent time in the American Hockey League last season.
Zigomanis is a small-ish centerman who wins a ton of face-offs and is a great scorer in the AHL. Joey Crabb was obtained by the Blackhawks in the Dustin Byfuglien trade but allowed to become a free agent on July 1. Crabb has seen some time with the Atlanta Thrashers in the past but spent most of his time in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves. Danny Richmond is your prototypical journeyman defenseman in the AHL. He’ll hit guys, he’ll fight guys and play OK positional defense.
If you get to see or hear too much from these guys with the Maple Leafs this year, let’s just say it’s likely that the Leafs season isn’t going the way they expected it to.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5