Jul 15, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have helped fill out their system with three experienced AHL veterans. Luckily for them, they’ll get to play in the same city when the season starts as these three are destined to play for the Leafs’ AHL team, the Toronto Marlies. TSN lets us in on who these guys are.
The Toronto Maple Leafs signed a trio of players on Thursday, including unrestricted free agent forwards Mike Zigomanis and Joey Crabb, along with defenceman Danny Richmond.
Each of the three players spent time in the American Hockey League last season.
Zigomanis is a small-ish centerman who wins a ton of face-offs and is a great scorer in the AHL. Joey Crabb was obtained by the Blackhawks in the Dustin Byfuglien trade but allowed to become a free agent on July 1. Crabb has seen some time with the Atlanta Thrashers in the past but spent most of his time in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves. Danny Richmond is your prototypical journeyman defenseman in the AHL. He’ll hit guys, he’ll fight guys and play OK positional defense.
If you get to see or hear too much from these guys with the Maple Leafs this year, let’s just say it’s likely that the Leafs season isn’t going the way they expected it to.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22