Jul 15, 2010, 2:46 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs have helped fill out their system with three experienced AHL veterans. Luckily for them, they’ll get to play in the same city when the season starts as these three are destined to play for the Leafs’ AHL team, the Toronto Marlies. TSN lets us in on who these guys are.
The Toronto Maple Leafs signed a trio of players on Thursday, including unrestricted free agent forwards Mike Zigomanis and Joey Crabb, along with defenceman Danny Richmond.
Each of the three players spent time in the American Hockey League last season.
Zigomanis is a small-ish centerman who wins a ton of face-offs and is a great scorer in the AHL. Joey Crabb was obtained by the Blackhawks in the Dustin Byfuglien trade but allowed to become a free agent on July 1. Crabb has seen some time with the Atlanta Thrashers in the past but spent most of his time in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves. Danny Richmond is your prototypical journeyman defenseman in the AHL. He’ll hit guys, he’ll fight guys and play OK positional defense.
If you get to see or hear too much from these guys with the Maple Leafs this year, let’s just say it’s likely that the Leafs season isn’t going the way they expected it to.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)