Jul 14, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
There have been plenty of rumors about Simon Gagne being traded by the Philadelphia Flyers, but it’s one thing to hear an anonymous source say it and other to hear it straight from the horse’s/agent’s mouth.
So, yes, it’s not startling to hear that the Flyers are allowing Gagne to discuss a future contract with other teams – and Gagne is allowing the Flyers to look into their options as well. Yet it’s now pretty much a reality, as Gagne’s agent Bob Sauve* confirmed the rumors to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
* – I believe there’s no relation to Rico Suave.
Here’s what Gagne told LeBrun.
The agent for Simon Gagne said Tuesday that nothing seemed imminent as far as a trade for his client.
“The Flyers have given us permission to talk to teams and we’ve been doing that, and they’ve been talking to teams, but at this point there’s not much else to say,” veteran agent Bob Sauve told ESPN.com. “We’ll keep talking and see if we can find a good place for Simon.”
Well, there you go. There is fire to go with all the smoke. The question is, will the Flyers actually move Gagne?
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)