Jul 14, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
There have been plenty of rumors about Simon Gagne being traded by the Philadelphia Flyers, but it’s one thing to hear an anonymous source say it and other to hear it straight from the horse’s/agent’s mouth.
So, yes, it’s not startling to hear that the Flyers are allowing Gagne to discuss a future contract with other teams – and Gagne is allowing the Flyers to look into their options as well. Yet it’s now pretty much a reality, as Gagne’s agent Bob Sauve* confirmed the rumors to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
* – I believe there’s no relation to Rico Suave.
Here’s what Gagne told LeBrun.
The agent for Simon Gagne said Tuesday that nothing seemed imminent as far as a trade for his client.
“The Flyers have given us permission to talk to teams and we’ve been doing that, and they’ve been talking to teams, but at this point there’s not much else to say,” veteran agent Bob Sauve told ESPN.com. “We’ll keep talking and see if we can find a good place for Simon.”
Well, there you go. There is fire to go with all the smoke. The question is, will the Flyers actually move Gagne?
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 53
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39