Jul 14, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
There have been plenty of rumors about Simon Gagne being traded by the Philadelphia Flyers, but it’s one thing to hear an anonymous source say it and other to hear it straight from the horse’s/agent’s mouth.
So, yes, it’s not startling to hear that the Flyers are allowing Gagne to discuss a future contract with other teams – and Gagne is allowing the Flyers to look into their options as well. Yet it’s now pretty much a reality, as Gagne’s agent Bob Sauve* confirmed the rumors to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
* – I believe there’s no relation to Rico Suave.
Here’s what Gagne told LeBrun.
The agent for Simon Gagne said Tuesday that nothing seemed imminent as far as a trade for his client.
“The Flyers have given us permission to talk to teams and we’ve been doing that, and they’ve been talking to teams, but at this point there’s not much else to say,” veteran agent Bob Sauve told ESPN.com. “We’ll keep talking and see if we can find a good place for Simon.”
Well, there you go. There is fire to go with all the smoke. The question is, will the Flyers actually move Gagne?
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)