Jul 14, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
There have been plenty of rumors about Simon Gagne being traded by the Philadelphia Flyers, but it’s one thing to hear an anonymous source say it and other to hear it straight from the horse’s/agent’s mouth.
So, yes, it’s not startling to hear that the Flyers are allowing Gagne to discuss a future contract with other teams – and Gagne is allowing the Flyers to look into their options as well. Yet it’s now pretty much a reality, as Gagne’s agent Bob Sauve* confirmed the rumors to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
* – I believe there’s no relation to Rico Suave.
Here’s what Gagne told LeBrun.
The agent for Simon Gagne said Tuesday that nothing seemed imminent as far as a trade for his client.
“The Flyers have given us permission to talk to teams and we’ve been doing that, and they’ve been talking to teams, but at this point there’s not much else to say,” veteran agent Bob Sauve told ESPN.com. “We’ll keep talking and see if we can find a good place for Simon.”
Well, there you go. There is fire to go with all the smoke. The question is, will the Flyers actually move Gagne?
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 14
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39