Jul 14, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
There have been plenty of rumors about Simon Gagne being traded by the Philadelphia Flyers, but it’s one thing to hear an anonymous source say it and other to hear it straight from the horse’s/agent’s mouth.
So, yes, it’s not startling to hear that the Flyers are allowing Gagne to discuss a future contract with other teams – and Gagne is allowing the Flyers to look into their options as well. Yet it’s now pretty much a reality, as Gagne’s agent Bob Sauve* confirmed the rumors to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
* – I believe there’s no relation to Rico Suave.
Here’s what Gagne told LeBrun.
The agent for Simon Gagne said Tuesday that nothing seemed imminent as far as a trade for his client.
“The Flyers have given us permission to talk to teams and we’ve been doing that, and they’ve been talking to teams, but at this point there’s not much else to say,” veteran agent Bob Sauve told ESPN.com. “We’ll keep talking and see if we can find a good place for Simon.”
Well, there you go. There is fire to go with all the smoke. The question is, will the Flyers actually move Gagne?
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)