Jul 13, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It really might just be about signing Carey Price at this point for the Montreal Canadiens.
Earlier today I shared news that the team signed forward Maxim Lapierre to a one-year deal. The team tied up some more loose ends today, signing defenseman Mathieu Carle and forward James Wyman to two-way, one-year deals according to TSN.
I haven’t seen details on Wyman’s contract (chances are, he’d make close to the league minimum if he stuck at the NHL level), but TSN does have the lowdown on Carle’s financial terms.
Carle, who was held scoreless in three games with the Canadiens this season, will collect a salary of $660,000 in the NHL and $62,500 in the AHL.
Carle will have to fight to get much playing time at the NHL level. CapGeek already lists seven defensemen on their roster: Andrei Markov, Roman Hamrlik, Hal Gill, Josh Gorges, Jaroslav Spacek, Ryan O’Byrne and prospect/media darling P.K. Subban.
So the team is more or less set at the pro level with the obvious exception being that they need to straighten things out with their RFA goalie Carey Price. We’ll keep you informed about his increasingly interesting contract negotiations as they go along. (So far there aren’t many details going public.)
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)