Jul 13, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It really might just be about signing Carey Price at this point for the Montreal Canadiens.
Earlier today I shared news that the team signed forward Maxim Lapierre to a one-year deal. The team tied up some more loose ends today, signing defenseman Mathieu Carle and forward James Wyman to two-way, one-year deals according to TSN.
I haven’t seen details on Wyman’s contract (chances are, he’d make close to the league minimum if he stuck at the NHL level), but TSN does have the lowdown on Carle’s financial terms.
Carle, who was held scoreless in three games with the Canadiens this season, will collect a salary of $660,000 in the NHL and $62,500 in the AHL.
Carle will have to fight to get much playing time at the NHL level. CapGeek already lists seven defensemen on their roster: Andrei Markov, Roman Hamrlik, Hal Gill, Josh Gorges, Jaroslav Spacek, Ryan O’Byrne and prospect/media darling P.K. Subban.
So the team is more or less set at the pro level with the obvious exception being that they need to straighten things out with their RFA goalie Carey Price. We’ll keep you informed about his increasingly interesting contract negotiations as they go along. (So far there aren’t many details going public.)
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)