Jul 13, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It really might just be about signing Carey Price at this point for the Montreal Canadiens.
Earlier today I shared news that the team signed forward Maxim Lapierre to a one-year deal. The team tied up some more loose ends today, signing defenseman Mathieu Carle and forward James Wyman to two-way, one-year deals according to TSN.
I haven’t seen details on Wyman’s contract (chances are, he’d make close to the league minimum if he stuck at the NHL level), but TSN does have the lowdown on Carle’s financial terms.
Carle, who was held scoreless in three games with the Canadiens this season, will collect a salary of $660,000 in the NHL and $62,500 in the AHL.
Carle will have to fight to get much playing time at the NHL level. CapGeek already lists seven defensemen on their roster: Andrei Markov, Roman Hamrlik, Hal Gill, Josh Gorges, Jaroslav Spacek, Ryan O’Byrne and prospect/media darling P.K. Subban.
So the team is more or less set at the pro level with the obvious exception being that they need to straighten things out with their RFA goalie Carey Price. We’ll keep you informed about his increasingly interesting contract negotiations as they go along. (So far there aren’t many details going public.)
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)