Jul 13, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It really might just be about signing Carey Price at this point for the Montreal Canadiens.
Earlier today I shared news that the team signed forward Maxim Lapierre to a one-year deal. The team tied up some more loose ends today, signing defenseman Mathieu Carle and forward James Wyman to two-way, one-year deals according to TSN.
I haven’t seen details on Wyman’s contract (chances are, he’d make close to the league minimum if he stuck at the NHL level), but TSN does have the lowdown on Carle’s financial terms.
Carle, who was held scoreless in three games with the Canadiens this season, will collect a salary of $660,000 in the NHL and $62,500 in the AHL.
Carle will have to fight to get much playing time at the NHL level. CapGeek already lists seven defensemen on their roster: Andrei Markov, Roman Hamrlik, Hal Gill, Josh Gorges, Jaroslav Spacek, Ryan O’Byrne and prospect/media darling P.K. Subban.
So the team is more or less set at the pro level with the obvious exception being that they need to straighten things out with their RFA goalie Carey Price. We’ll keep you informed about his increasingly interesting contract negotiations as they go along. (So far there aren’t many details going public.)
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)