Jul 13, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets signed Jared Boll to a two-year deal, according to the team. From what I can tell, he’ll account for a $725K cap hit per season both years.
Here’s more on Boll from the Blue Jackets and their GM, Scott Howson.
Boll, 24, recorded four goals and three assists for seven points and 149 penalty minutes in 68 games with the Blue Jackets in 2009-10. He led the club in penalty minutes for the third-straight season and ranked 15th in the NHL in that category.
“We are very pleased to complete this two-year deal with Jared,” Howson said. “He has proven to be a great teammate in his three years in Columbus and we look forward to seeing him continue to grow as a player.”
Columbus’ fourth pick, 101st overall, in the 2005 Entry Draft, Boll has registered 13-18-31 and 555 penalty minutes in 218 career NHL games. He set career highs in assists and points in 2008-09 with 4-10-14 and 180 penalty minutes in 75 games. During his rookie season in 2007-08, he tallied 5-5-10 and 226 penalty minutes to rank second in the NHL in penalty minutes.
Boll is another in a line of tough guys who have been signed this summer. It seems like NHL teams are waiting for the finesse players to shake out but are making sure that their enforcers/bruisers are wrapped up in the mean time.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)