Jul 12, 2010, 11:15 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bruins off-season still incomplete, drastic decisions ahead? – They should be careful with Marc Savard and his lengthy (but cap-friendly) contract, though.
Blackhawks add Mike Kitchen to coaching staff – *Don’t make a Kitchen sink pun … don’t make a Kitchen sink pun … Don’t make —*
NHL sees legal costs rise, news on Gary Bettman’s salary – These stories are cat nip for Bettman-bashers.
Blackhawks match Hjalmarsson’s offer sheet – So, when is Chicago going to embrace their salary cap reality?
Kovalchuk meeting up in California, Lamoriello zings reporters – Oh, good old Loophole Lou.
NHL players union is eager for Donald Fehr’s help – Yeah, Donald Fehr’s name involved with hockey? Pretty much as horrifying as it sounds. If the NHL has another lockout, will someone hold me while I cry?
A Pro Hockey Talk introduction – Joe Yerdon is our new fearless leader. Sorry, I’m still going to be here though. You are not safe from pun-based punishment.
Which team (kind of, sort of) makes sense for Marty Turco? – None of them make a lot of sense, but it’s a fun experiment. I think.
Canucks sign Shane O’Brien, three others - Those O’Briens are just no good, I tell you.
Atlantic division leads the Eastern Conference’s influx of fighters – There will be many knuckle sandwiches handed out in the Atlantic next season. They taste bad and sometimes, they’re a little hairy.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Wild are optimistic about his concussion recovery – Good luck to PMB, even if he’s no PB&J. (But who is, aside from a grilled cheese sandwich? Sorry I guess I have sandwiches on the mind.)
More twists and turns in the Lighthouse Project negotiations – This process kind of makes my brain hurt.
Ontario’s Court of Appeals rejects Rob Ramage’s bid for a new trial – Just a sad situation.
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 1
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 1
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 9
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 11
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)