Jul 12, 2010, 11:15 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bruins off-season still incomplete, drastic decisions ahead? – They should be careful with Marc Savard and his lengthy (but cap-friendly) contract, though.
Blackhawks add Mike Kitchen to coaching staff – *Don’t make a Kitchen sink pun … don’t make a Kitchen sink pun … Don’t make —*
NHL sees legal costs rise, news on Gary Bettman’s salary – These stories are cat nip for Bettman-bashers.
Blackhawks match Hjalmarsson’s offer sheet – So, when is Chicago going to embrace their salary cap reality?
Kovalchuk meeting up in California, Lamoriello zings reporters – Oh, good old Loophole Lou.
NHL players union is eager for Donald Fehr’s help – Yeah, Donald Fehr’s name involved with hockey? Pretty much as horrifying as it sounds. If the NHL has another lockout, will someone hold me while I cry?
A Pro Hockey Talk introduction – Joe Yerdon is our new fearless leader. Sorry, I’m still going to be here though. You are not safe from pun-based punishment.
Which team (kind of, sort of) makes sense for Marty Turco? – None of them make a lot of sense, but it’s a fun experiment. I think.
Canucks sign Shane O’Brien, three others - Those O’Briens are just no good, I tell you.
Atlantic division leads the Eastern Conference’s influx of fighters – There will be many knuckle sandwiches handed out in the Atlantic next season. They taste bad and sometimes, they’re a little hairy.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Wild are optimistic about his concussion recovery – Good luck to PMB, even if he’s no PB&J. (But who is, aside from a grilled cheese sandwich? Sorry I guess I have sandwiches on the mind.)
More twists and turns in the Lighthouse Project negotiations – This process kind of makes my brain hurt.
Ontario’s Court of Appeals rejects Rob Ramage’s bid for a new trial – Just a sad situation.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)