Jul 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Consider this post as a bit of a public service announcement here at Pro Hockey Talk, and an introduction as well.
My name is Joe Yerdon and I am the new lead writer and editor here. Brandon Worley stepped down a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons and we’ll miss his hard work and dedication to helping get Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports off the ground and running. You’ll be getting a bigger dose of writing from myself and you’ll be getting more from James O’Brien as well, so if you’ve got issues with either of us… I just ruined your day completely. Just chalk it up to it being Monday if that’s the case.
We’ll be continuing to keep on keepin’ on with what we’ve been doing here and continuing to bring the news and snark and poking fun that we know you’ve been enjoying as it is. As for who the hell I am, well… You’ve been reading a little bit of my work here since late March on and off. You might also know me from my own website (which will be much, much quieter now) as well as some on-and-off work with the great guys at Hockey Wilderness at SBN.
As for the important questions you’re dying for the answers to I’ll run it down for you and make it easy:
- Yes, I am definitely biased against your favorite team.
- Yes, I am totally a fan of the team you hate the most.
- Yes, you can buy me a beer if you see me out at a game.
Now that that’s taken care of, you guys heard anything about this Kovalchuk character? He seems to be an important guy.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 1
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 10
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 60
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (62)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)