Jul 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Consider this post as a bit of a public service announcement here at Pro Hockey Talk, and an introduction as well.
My name is Joe Yerdon and I am the new lead writer and editor here. Brandon Worley stepped down a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons and we’ll miss his hard work and dedication to helping get Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports off the ground and running. You’ll be getting a bigger dose of writing from myself and you’ll be getting more from James O’Brien as well, so if you’ve got issues with either of us… I just ruined your day completely. Just chalk it up to it being Monday if that’s the case.
We’ll be continuing to keep on keepin’ on with what we’ve been doing here and continuing to bring the news and snark and poking fun that we know you’ve been enjoying as it is. As for who the hell I am, well… You’ve been reading a little bit of my work here since late March on and off. You might also know me from my own website (which will be much, much quieter now) as well as some on-and-off work with the great guys at Hockey Wilderness at SBN.
As for the important questions you’re dying for the answers to I’ll run it down for you and make it easy:
- Yes, I am definitely biased against your favorite team.
- Yes, I am totally a fan of the team you hate the most.
- Yes, you can buy me a beer if you see me out at a game.
Now that that’s taken care of, you guys heard anything about this Kovalchuk character? He seems to be an important guy.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)