Jul 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Consider this post as a bit of a public service announcement here at Pro Hockey Talk, and an introduction as well.
My name is Joe Yerdon and I am the new lead writer and editor here. Brandon Worley stepped down a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons and we’ll miss his hard work and dedication to helping get Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports off the ground and running. You’ll be getting a bigger dose of writing from myself and you’ll be getting more from James O’Brien as well, so if you’ve got issues with either of us… I just ruined your day completely. Just chalk it up to it being Monday if that’s the case.
We’ll be continuing to keep on keepin’ on with what we’ve been doing here and continuing to bring the news and snark and poking fun that we know you’ve been enjoying as it is. As for who the hell I am, well… You’ve been reading a little bit of my work here since late March on and off. You might also know me from my own website (which will be much, much quieter now) as well as some on-and-off work with the great guys at Hockey Wilderness at SBN.
As for the important questions you’re dying for the answers to I’ll run it down for you and make it easy:
- Yes, I am definitely biased against your favorite team.
- Yes, I am totally a fan of the team you hate the most.
- Yes, you can buy me a beer if you see me out at a game.
Now that that’s taken care of, you guys heard anything about this Kovalchuk character? He seems to be an important guy.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)