Jul 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Consider this post as a bit of a public service announcement here at Pro Hockey Talk, and an introduction as well.
My name is Joe Yerdon and I am the new lead writer and editor here. Brandon Worley stepped down a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons and we’ll miss his hard work and dedication to helping get Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports off the ground and running. You’ll be getting a bigger dose of writing from myself and you’ll be getting more from James O’Brien as well, so if you’ve got issues with either of us… I just ruined your day completely. Just chalk it up to it being Monday if that’s the case.
We’ll be continuing to keep on keepin’ on with what we’ve been doing here and continuing to bring the news and snark and poking fun that we know you’ve been enjoying as it is. As for who the hell I am, well… You’ve been reading a little bit of my work here since late March on and off. You might also know me from my own website (which will be much, much quieter now) as well as some on-and-off work with the great guys at Hockey Wilderness at SBN.
As for the important questions you’re dying for the answers to I’ll run it down for you and make it easy:
- Yes, I am definitely biased against your favorite team.
- Yes, I am totally a fan of the team you hate the most.
- Yes, you can buy me a beer if you see me out at a game.
Now that that’s taken care of, you guys heard anything about this Kovalchuk character? He seems to be an important guy.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)