Jul 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Consider this post as a bit of a public service announcement here at Pro Hockey Talk, and an introduction as well.
My name is Joe Yerdon and I am the new lead writer and editor here. Brandon Worley stepped down a couple of weeks ago for personal reasons and we’ll miss his hard work and dedication to helping get Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports off the ground and running. You’ll be getting a bigger dose of writing from myself and you’ll be getting more from James O’Brien as well, so if you’ve got issues with either of us… I just ruined your day completely. Just chalk it up to it being Monday if that’s the case.
We’ll be continuing to keep on keepin’ on with what we’ve been doing here and continuing to bring the news and snark and poking fun that we know you’ve been enjoying as it is. As for who the hell I am, well… You’ve been reading a little bit of my work here since late March on and off. You might also know me from my own website (which will be much, much quieter now) as well as some on-and-off work with the great guys at Hockey Wilderness at SBN.
As for the important questions you’re dying for the answers to I’ll run it down for you and make it easy:
- Yes, I am definitely biased against your favorite team.
- Yes, I am totally a fan of the team you hate the most.
- Yes, you can buy me a beer if you see me out at a game.
Now that that’s taken care of, you guys heard anything about this Kovalchuk character? He seems to be an important guy.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)