Jul 12, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s been a busy couple weeks for the Vancouver Canucks, as they’ve made significant changes both on and off the ice. While today’s signings won’t be as life-altering as adding Dan Hamhuis or changing the name of their arena, the team announced that they’ll retain four players. TSN has the news.
The Vancouver Canucks announced on Monday that the club has signed forwards Tanner Glass and Alexandre Bolduc and defenceman Shane O’Brien.
In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. All three players were restricted free agents who received qualifying offers prior to July 1.
The Canucks also announced that the club has signed goaltender Tyler Weiman.
As is the case with most O’Briens, Shane is a bit of a troublemaker. Still, he’s a big, mean player; you can never have too many players with snarl in the Northwest Division.
From what I gathered from CapGeek.com, O’Brien will make $1.6 million next season while Glass will receive $625K and Bolduc will earn $500K if they stay with the NHL club. Weiman’s minor league salary is listed at $500K too.
The team is actually a bit above the salary cap right now (by about $358K, also according to CapGeek), but the hottest rumor is that Kevin Bieska might be on the move. We’ll keep you up to date if that situation changes, but for now, it seems like the Canucks sport one of the league’s most “complete” rosters.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)