Jul 12, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s been a busy couple weeks for the Vancouver Canucks, as they’ve made significant changes both on and off the ice. While today’s signings won’t be as life-altering as adding Dan Hamhuis or changing the name of their arena, the team announced that they’ll retain four players. TSN has the news.
The Vancouver Canucks announced on Monday that the club has signed forwards Tanner Glass and Alexandre Bolduc and defenceman Shane O’Brien.
In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. All three players were restricted free agents who received qualifying offers prior to July 1.
The Canucks also announced that the club has signed goaltender Tyler Weiman.
As is the case with most O’Briens, Shane is a bit of a troublemaker. Still, he’s a big, mean player; you can never have too many players with snarl in the Northwest Division.
From what I gathered from CapGeek.com, O’Brien will make $1.6 million next season while Glass will receive $625K and Bolduc will earn $500K if they stay with the NHL club. Weiman’s minor league salary is listed at $500K too.
The team is actually a bit above the salary cap right now (by about $358K, also according to CapGeek), but the hottest rumor is that Kevin Bieska might be on the move. We’ll keep you up to date if that situation changes, but for now, it seems like the Canucks sport one of the league’s most “complete” rosters.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)