Jul 12, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s been a busy couple weeks for the Vancouver Canucks, as they’ve made significant changes both on and off the ice. While today’s signings won’t be as life-altering as adding Dan Hamhuis or changing the name of their arena, the team announced that they’ll retain four players. TSN has the news.
The Vancouver Canucks announced on Monday that the club has signed forwards Tanner Glass and Alexandre Bolduc and defenceman Shane O’Brien.
In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. All three players were restricted free agents who received qualifying offers prior to July 1.
The Canucks also announced that the club has signed goaltender Tyler Weiman.
As is the case with most O’Briens, Shane is a bit of a troublemaker. Still, he’s a big, mean player; you can never have too many players with snarl in the Northwest Division.
From what I gathered from CapGeek.com, O’Brien will make $1.6 million next season while Glass will receive $625K and Bolduc will earn $500K if they stay with the NHL club. Weiman’s minor league salary is listed at $500K too.
The team is actually a bit above the salary cap right now (by about $358K, also according to CapGeek), but the hottest rumor is that Kevin Bieska might be on the move. We’ll keep you up to date if that situation changes, but for now, it seems like the Canucks sport one of the league’s most “complete” rosters.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 0
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 3
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 3
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 32
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 13
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 23
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 38
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw