Jul 12, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s been a busy couple weeks for the Vancouver Canucks, as they’ve made significant changes both on and off the ice. While today’s signings won’t be as life-altering as adding Dan Hamhuis or changing the name of their arena, the team announced that they’ll retain four players. TSN has the news.
The Vancouver Canucks announced on Monday that the club has signed forwards Tanner Glass and Alexandre Bolduc and defenceman Shane O’Brien.
In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. All three players were restricted free agents who received qualifying offers prior to July 1.
The Canucks also announced that the club has signed goaltender Tyler Weiman.
As is the case with most O’Briens, Shane is a bit of a troublemaker. Still, he’s a big, mean player; you can never have too many players with snarl in the Northwest Division.
From what I gathered from CapGeek.com, O’Brien will make $1.6 million next season while Glass will receive $625K and Bolduc will earn $500K if they stay with the NHL club. Weiman’s minor league salary is listed at $500K too.
The team is actually a bit above the salary cap right now (by about $358K, also according to CapGeek), but the hottest rumor is that Kevin Bieska might be on the move. We’ll keep you up to date if that situation changes, but for now, it seems like the Canucks sport one of the league’s most “complete” rosters.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 10
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)