Jul 12, 2010, 7:50 PM EST
It’s been a busy couple weeks for the Vancouver Canucks, as they’ve made significant changes both on and off the ice. While today’s signings won’t be as life-altering as adding Dan Hamhuis or changing the name of their arena, the team announced that they’ll retain four players. TSN has the news.
The Vancouver Canucks announced on Monday that the club has signed forwards Tanner Glass and Alexandre Bolduc and defenceman Shane O’Brien.
In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. All three players were restricted free agents who received qualifying offers prior to July 1.
The Canucks also announced that the club has signed goaltender Tyler Weiman.
As is the case with most O’Briens, Shane is a bit of a troublemaker. Still, he’s a big, mean player; you can never have too many players with snarl in the Northwest Division.
From what I gathered from CapGeek.com, O’Brien will make $1.6 million next season while Glass will receive $625K and Bolduc will earn $500K if they stay with the NHL club. Weiman’s minor league salary is listed at $500K too.
The team is actually a bit above the salary cap right now (by about $358K, also according to CapGeek), but the hottest rumor is that Kevin Bieska might be on the move. We’ll keep you up to date if that situation changes, but for now, it seems like the Canucks sport one of the league’s most “complete” rosters.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)