Jul 11, 2010, 9:30 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Underwood, Fisher officially married – And so completes the union that will be known (lazily) as “Fisherwood.”
Blue Jackets are GM Howson’s team now, for better or worse – So far … not so good? We’ll just have to wait and see.
St. Thomas honors Joe Thornton with banner – Apparently “Jumbo Joe” is an even better nickname than I thought.
Extra year put Senators ahead of Penguins in race for Sergei Gonchar – The Russian offensive defenseman could be a big difference maker in Ottawa … if he can manage to stay healthy, that is.
Toews, Sharp enjoy day with the Cup - Just one of these days, I want a player to discourage young hockey players from chasing their dreams. Perhaps if Sean Avery wins the Cup one day …
Despite recent struggles, Marty Turco is still an above average goalie – Unfortunately, he hasn’t read the national worst-selling book, “NHL GMs just aren’t that into you” though.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)