Jul 11, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Underwood, Fisher officially married – And so completes the union that will be known (lazily) as “Fisherwood.”
Blue Jackets are GM Howson’s team now, for better or worse – So far … not so good? We’ll just have to wait and see.
St. Thomas honors Joe Thornton with banner – Apparently “Jumbo Joe” is an even better nickname than I thought.
Extra year put Senators ahead of Penguins in race for Sergei Gonchar – The Russian offensive defenseman could be a big difference maker in Ottawa … if he can manage to stay healthy, that is.
Toews, Sharp enjoy day with the Cup - Just one of these days, I want a player to discourage young hockey players from chasing their dreams. Perhaps if Sean Avery wins the Cup one day …
Despite recent struggles, Marty Turco is still an above average goalie – Unfortunately, he hasn’t read the national worst-selling book, “NHL GMs just aren’t that into you” though.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 50
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)