Jul 11, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Underwood, Fisher officially married – And so completes the union that will be known (lazily) as “Fisherwood.”
Blue Jackets are GM Howson’s team now, for better or worse – So far … not so good? We’ll just have to wait and see.
St. Thomas honors Joe Thornton with banner – Apparently “Jumbo Joe” is an even better nickname than I thought.
Extra year put Senators ahead of Penguins in race for Sergei Gonchar – The Russian offensive defenseman could be a big difference maker in Ottawa … if he can manage to stay healthy, that is.
Toews, Sharp enjoy day with the Cup - Just one of these days, I want a player to discourage young hockey players from chasing their dreams. Perhaps if Sean Avery wins the Cup one day …
Despite recent struggles, Marty Turco is still an above average goalie – Unfortunately, he hasn’t read the national worst-selling book, “NHL GMs just aren’t that into you” though.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 4
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)