Jul 11, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Underwood, Fisher officially married – And so completes the union that will be known (lazily) as “Fisherwood.”
Blue Jackets are GM Howson’s team now, for better or worse – So far … not so good? We’ll just have to wait and see.
St. Thomas honors Joe Thornton with banner – Apparently “Jumbo Joe” is an even better nickname than I thought.
Extra year put Senators ahead of Penguins in race for Sergei Gonchar – The Russian offensive defenseman could be a big difference maker in Ottawa … if he can manage to stay healthy, that is.
Toews, Sharp enjoy day with the Cup – Just one of these days, I want a player to discourage young hockey players from chasing their dreams. Perhaps if Sean Avery wins the Cup one day …
Despite recent struggles, Marty Turco is still an above average goalie – Unfortunately, he hasn’t read the national worst-selling book, “NHL GMs just aren’t that into you” though.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)