Jul 11, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Underwood, Fisher officially married – And so completes the union that will be known (lazily) as “Fisherwood.”
Blue Jackets are GM Howson’s team now, for better or worse – So far … not so good? We’ll just have to wait and see.
St. Thomas honors Joe Thornton with banner – Apparently “Jumbo Joe” is an even better nickname than I thought.
Extra year put Senators ahead of Penguins in race for Sergei Gonchar – The Russian offensive defenseman could be a big difference maker in Ottawa … if he can manage to stay healthy, that is.
Toews, Sharp enjoy day with the Cup - Just one of these days, I want a player to discourage young hockey players from chasing their dreams. Perhaps if Sean Avery wins the Cup one day …
Despite recent struggles, Marty Turco is still an above average goalie – Unfortunately, he hasn’t read the national worst-selling book, “NHL GMs just aren’t that into you” though.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55