Jul 11, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
I know many of you (myself included) are in “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me” mode when it comes to Ilya Kovalchuk talk. After all, there have been plenty of false starts in the process.
The latest rumor comes from Sportsnet.ca’s Darren Millard on Twitter.
Kovy-gate comes 2 an end tomorrow. Kings win the process. Don’t want announc[e]ment 2 get overshadowed by WC.
The always-solid Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider doesn’t confirm or deny Millard’s report.
No confirmation yet. One strong team source has just said that there is “continued engagement,” but that no announcement is imminent. Updates will be forthcoming if necessary.
At this point, I’ll be happy as long as he stays in the NHL. That doesn’t guarantee I’ll agree with the contract that is handed out, but the league would be at a great loss if – to paraphrase LeBron James – Kovalchuk took his talents to Russia.
We’ll keep you updated on the process. Monday could be a big day in the history of the Los Angeles Kings (or New Jersey Devils? Or someone else?).
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 38
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 3
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 72
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination