Jul 11, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
I know many of you (myself included) are in “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me” mode when it comes to Ilya Kovalchuk talk. After all, there have been plenty of false starts in the process.
The latest rumor comes from Sportsnet.ca’s Darren Millard on Twitter.
Kovy-gate comes 2 an end tomorrow. Kings win the process. Don’t want announc[e]ment 2 get overshadowed by WC.
The always-solid Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider doesn’t confirm or deny Millard’s report.
No confirmation yet. One strong team source has just said that there is “continued engagement,” but that no announcement is imminent. Updates will be forthcoming if necessary.
At this point, I’ll be happy as long as he stays in the NHL. That doesn’t guarantee I’ll agree with the contract that is handed out, but the league would be at a great loss if – to paraphrase LeBron James – Kovalchuk took his talents to Russia.
We’ll keep you updated on the process. Monday could be a big day in the history of the Los Angeles Kings (or New Jersey Devils? Or someone else?).
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 16
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)