Jul 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lots of changes in Vancouver – I guess they weren’t too happy with that second round meltdown against the Blackhawks.
Bryan Murray shoots down Bobby Ryan trade rumors – He’d certainly be an interesting and worthy target for an offer sheet or three.
Pens won’t have ice girls, they’ll have a co-ed “crew” instead – Sweatpants for leotards? Not exactly as good of a trade as Hossa for a bag of pucks.
Taylor Hall gets acquainted with Edmonton – No word if he changed water to wine.
Jack Johnson pursues degree when he’s not playing hockey – It’s nice that he’s going back to school when he can, but it’s sad that it’s such a rare story.
Would signing Ilya Kovalchuk cost the Devils Zach Parise next year- Things would be “Fat guy in a little coat”-level tight if he didn’t, that’s nearly certain.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20