Jul 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lots of changes in Vancouver – I guess they weren’t too happy with that second round meltdown against the Blackhawks.
Bryan Murray shoots down Bobby Ryan trade rumors – He’d certainly be an interesting and worthy target for an offer sheet or three.
Pens won’t have ice girls, they’ll have a co-ed “crew” instead – Sweatpants for leotards? Not exactly as good of a trade as Hossa for a bag of pucks.
Taylor Hall gets acquainted with Edmonton – No word if he changed water to wine.
Jack Johnson pursues degree when he’s not playing hockey – It’s nice that he’s going back to school when he can, but it’s sad that it’s such a rare story.
Would signing Ilya Kovalchuk cost the Devils Zach Parise next year– Things would be “Fat guy in a little coat”-level tight if he didn’t, that’s nearly certain.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5