Jul 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lots of changes in Vancouver – I guess they weren’t too happy with that second round meltdown against the Blackhawks.
Bryan Murray shoots down Bobby Ryan trade rumors – He’d certainly be an interesting and worthy target for an offer sheet or three.
Pens won’t have ice girls, they’ll have a co-ed “crew” instead – Sweatpants for leotards? Not exactly as good of a trade as Hossa for a bag of pucks.
Taylor Hall gets acquainted with Edmonton – No word if he changed water to wine.
Jack Johnson pursues degree when he’s not playing hockey – It’s nice that he’s going back to school when he can, but it’s sad that it’s such a rare story.
Would signing Ilya Kovalchuk cost the Devils Zach Parise next year- Things would be “Fat guy in a little coat”-level tight if he didn’t, that’s nearly certain.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 2
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 89
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL