Jul 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lots of changes in Vancouver – I guess they weren’t too happy with that second round meltdown against the Blackhawks.
Bryan Murray shoots down Bobby Ryan trade rumors – He’d certainly be an interesting and worthy target for an offer sheet or three.
Pens won’t have ice girls, they’ll have a co-ed “crew” instead – Sweatpants for leotards? Not exactly as good of a trade as Hossa for a bag of pucks.
Taylor Hall gets acquainted with Edmonton – No word if he changed water to wine.
Jack Johnson pursues degree when he’s not playing hockey – It’s nice that he’s going back to school when he can, but it’s sad that it’s such a rare story.
Would signing Ilya Kovalchuk cost the Devils Zach Parise next year- Things would be “Fat guy in a little coat”-level tight if he didn’t, that’s nearly certain.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 12
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)