Jul 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a bit of a light day today but it’s best to keep everyone up to date each night whenever we can. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lots of changes in Vancouver – I guess they weren’t too happy with that second round meltdown against the Blackhawks.
Bryan Murray shoots down Bobby Ryan trade rumors – He’d certainly be an interesting and worthy target for an offer sheet or three.
Pens won’t have ice girls, they’ll have a co-ed “crew” instead – Sweatpants for leotards? Not exactly as good of a trade as Hossa for a bag of pucks.
Taylor Hall gets acquainted with Edmonton – No word if he changed water to wine.
Jack Johnson pursues degree when he’s not playing hockey – It’s nice that he’s going back to school when he can, but it’s sad that it’s such a rare story.
Would signing Ilya Kovalchuk cost the Devils Zach Parise next year- Things would be “Fat guy in a little coat”-level tight if he didn’t, that’s nearly certain.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)