Jul 10, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
A one-year deal would make more sense for Nik Zherdev – Apparently the Flyers agree with this sentiment.
Mark Stuart signs a one-year deal with the Bruins – Not exactly an amazing group of defensemen in Boston.
Sharks sign Hjalmarsson to four-year offer sheet – Will the Chicago Blackhawks match the Sharks’ bold offer? They’re still just about up against the cap, so it’s not going to be an easy decision.
Rangers sign Dan Girardi to a four-year contract – There’s a strange divide between the Rangers expensive, mediocre guys (Redden, Rosival) and their young, solid guys (Girard, Del Zotto, Gilroy).
Family, friends remember Bob Probert – Some heartbreaking stuff about the great enforcer.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher keep their wedding plans under wraps – Who would have thought that a second-line center could help create such a stir off the ice?
Ducks trade Eminger to Rangers for Voros, prospect – I think the Ducks might have “won” this trade, but it’s not exactly a big victory.
Sharks, Wild join Red Wings in Mike Modano sweepstakes – Dallas Stars fans reach for the Pepto Bismol.
Zherdev is now an official Flyer - Not sure why the Flyers felt the need to sign him, but a one-year, $2 million deal isn’t the biggest risk.
Another NHL ’11 trailer: Nerds, dorks and dweebs rejoice.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)