Jul 10, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
A one-year deal would make more sense for Nik Zherdev – Apparently the Flyers agree with this sentiment.
Mark Stuart signs a one-year deal with the Bruins – Not exactly an amazing group of defensemen in Boston.
Sharks sign Hjalmarsson to four-year offer sheet – Will the Chicago Blackhawks match the Sharks’ bold offer? They’re still just about up against the cap, so it’s not going to be an easy decision.
Rangers sign Dan Girardi to a four-year contract – There’s a strange divide between the Rangers expensive, mediocre guys (Redden, Rosival) and their young, solid guys (Girard, Del Zotto, Gilroy).
Family, friends remember Bob Probert – Some heartbreaking stuff about the great enforcer.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher keep their wedding plans under wraps – Who would have thought that a second-line center could help create such a stir off the ice?
Ducks trade Eminger to Rangers for Voros, prospect – I think the Ducks might have “won” this trade, but it’s not exactly a big victory.
Sharks, Wild join Red Wings in Mike Modano sweepstakes – Dallas Stars fans reach for the Pepto Bismol.
Zherdev is now an official Flyer - Not sure why the Flyers felt the need to sign him, but a one-year, $2 million deal isn’t the biggest risk.
Another NHL ’11 trailer: Nerds, dorks and dweebs rejoice.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 0
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 7
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)