Jul 10, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
A one-year deal would make more sense for Nik Zherdev – Apparently the Flyers agree with this sentiment.
Mark Stuart signs a one-year deal with the Bruins – Not exactly an amazing group of defensemen in Boston.
Sharks sign Hjalmarsson to four-year offer sheet – Will the Chicago Blackhawks match the Sharks’ bold offer? They’re still just about up against the cap, so it’s not going to be an easy decision.
Rangers sign Dan Girardi to a four-year contract – There’s a strange divide between the Rangers expensive, mediocre guys (Redden, Rosival) and their young, solid guys (Girard, Del Zotto, Gilroy).
Family, friends remember Bob Probert – Some heartbreaking stuff about the great enforcer.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher keep their wedding plans under wraps – Who would have thought that a second-line center could help create such a stir off the ice?
Ducks trade Eminger to Rangers for Voros, prospect – I think the Ducks might have “won” this trade, but it’s not exactly a big victory.
Sharks, Wild join Red Wings in Mike Modano sweepstakes – Dallas Stars fans reach for the Pepto Bismol.
Zherdev is now an official Flyer – Not sure why the Flyers felt the need to sign him, but a one-year, $2 million deal isn’t the biggest risk.
Another NHL ’11 trailer: Nerds, dorks and dweebs rejoice.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 55
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)