Jul 10, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
A one-year deal would make more sense for Nik Zherdev – Apparently the Flyers agree with this sentiment.
Mark Stuart signs a one-year deal with the Bruins – Not exactly an amazing group of defensemen in Boston.
Sharks sign Hjalmarsson to four-year offer sheet – Will the Chicago Blackhawks match the Sharks’ bold offer? They’re still just about up against the cap, so it’s not going to be an easy decision.
Rangers sign Dan Girardi to a four-year contract – There’s a strange divide between the Rangers expensive, mediocre guys (Redden, Rosival) and their young, solid guys (Girard, Del Zotto, Gilroy).
Family, friends remember Bob Probert – Some heartbreaking stuff about the great enforcer.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher keep their wedding plans under wraps – Who would have thought that a second-line center could help create such a stir off the ice?
Ducks trade Eminger to Rangers for Voros, prospect – I think the Ducks might have “won” this trade, but it’s not exactly a big victory.
Sharks, Wild join Red Wings in Mike Modano sweepstakes – Dallas Stars fans reach for the Pepto Bismol.
Zherdev is now an official Flyer - Not sure why the Flyers felt the need to sign him, but a one-year, $2 million deal isn’t the biggest risk.
Another NHL ’11 trailer: Nerds, dorks and dweebs rejoice.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)