Jul 10, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
A one-year deal would make more sense for Nik Zherdev – Apparently the Flyers agree with this sentiment.
Mark Stuart signs a one-year deal with the Bruins – Not exactly an amazing group of defensemen in Boston.
Sharks sign Hjalmarsson to four-year offer sheet – Will the Chicago Blackhawks match the Sharks’ bold offer? They’re still just about up against the cap, so it’s not going to be an easy decision.
Rangers sign Dan Girardi to a four-year contract – There’s a strange divide between the Rangers expensive, mediocre guys (Redden, Rosival) and their young, solid guys (Girard, Del Zotto, Gilroy).
Family, friends remember Bob Probert – Some heartbreaking stuff about the great enforcer.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher keep their wedding plans under wraps – Who would have thought that a second-line center could help create such a stir off the ice?
Ducks trade Eminger to Rangers for Voros, prospect – I think the Ducks might have “won” this trade, but it’s not exactly a big victory.
Sharks, Wild join Red Wings in Mike Modano sweepstakes – Dallas Stars fans reach for the Pepto Bismol.
Zherdev is now an official Flyer – Not sure why the Flyers felt the need to sign him, but a one-year, $2 million deal isn’t the biggest risk.
Another NHL ’11 trailer: Nerds, dorks and dweebs rejoice.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)