Jul 10, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks finally broke the seal on offer sheets yesterday, signing Chicago Blackhawks restricted free agent Niklas Hjalmarsson to a deal that the Hawks have seven days to match. Such a move brings up a lot of questions, particularly when it comes to the other desirable RFAs.
One of the biggest fish in that sea is Anaheim Ducks power forward Bobby Ryan, a player whose troubles coming to agreement on a contract with the team have already gone public.
Could the team part with Ryan, either by force of an offer sheet or via a trade? Darren Dreger reports that Ducks GM Bryan Murray is trying to shoot down such rumors.
In an effort to squash whatever Bobby Ryan trade rumours still exist. Ducks gm, Bob Murray wants the spec to end. He’s not trading Ryan.
Now, you might look at the Ducks’ impressive amount of cap space and wonder why they’re having so much trouble wrapping up the New Jersey native. The thing is, the team has its own budget-induced “cap,” so every million they spent must be done so carefully. Could a team attempt to poach Ryan? It’s still an honest question, in my opinion, but Murray is adamant that the team will work something out.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)