Jul 9, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Apparently, second-line NHL centers need to be top secret when it comes to their weddings. (Oh, wait, they’re being so confidential about it because of his exponentially more famous wife? Oh, oops.)
NHL.com reports that many of the couple’s guests won’t even know where their nuptials will take place this weekend until they get their tickets at the airport. If I worked for “US Weekly,” my feelings would be so hurt right now.
According to a report on CTV Ottawa, the wedding of Fisher and country superstar Carrie Underwood will take place this coming weekend at a resort that will be shut down exclusively for the nuptials.
Senators forward Chris Neil and defenseman Chris Phillips are among those who will be in attendance. As teammates of Fisher, they might have a clue where they’re headed, but the CTV report said guests won’t find out until they show up at the airport Thursday and are given plane tickets where their destination will be.
No word on if Jarkko Ruutu will be around to knee-to-knee random people during the electric slide, but my guess is Anton Volchenkov won’t be there to “block” his teammates’ shots with boozy bridesmaids …
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5