Jul 9, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Apparently, second-line NHL centers need to be top secret when it comes to their weddings. (Oh, wait, they’re being so confidential about it because of his exponentially more famous wife? Oh, oops.)
NHL.com reports that many of the couple’s guests won’t even know where their nuptials will take place this weekend until they get their tickets at the airport. If I worked for “US Weekly,” my feelings would be so hurt right now.
According to a report on CTV Ottawa, the wedding of Fisher and country superstar Carrie Underwood will take place this coming weekend at a resort that will be shut down exclusively for the nuptials.
Senators forward Chris Neil and defenseman Chris Phillips are among those who will be in attendance. As teammates of Fisher, they might have a clue where they’re headed, but the CTV report said guests won’t find out until they show up at the airport Thursday and are given plane tickets where their destination will be.
No word on if Jarkko Ruutu will be around to knee-to-knee random people during the electric slide, but my guess is Anton Volchenkov won’t be there to “block” his teammates’ shots with boozy bridesmaids …
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18