Jul 9, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Apparently, second-line NHL centers need to be top secret when it comes to their weddings. (Oh, wait, they’re being so confidential about it because of his exponentially more famous wife? Oh, oops.)
NHL.com reports that many of the couple’s guests won’t even know where their nuptials will take place this weekend until they get their tickets at the airport. If I worked for “US Weekly,” my feelings would be so hurt right now.
According to a report on CTV Ottawa, the wedding of Fisher and country superstar Carrie Underwood will take place this coming weekend at a resort that will be shut down exclusively for the nuptials.
Senators forward Chris Neil and defenseman Chris Phillips are among those who will be in attendance. As teammates of Fisher, they might have a clue where they’re headed, but the CTV report said guests won’t find out until they show up at the airport Thursday and are given plane tickets where their destination will be.
No word on if Jarkko Ruutu will be around to knee-to-knee random people during the electric slide, but my guess is Anton Volchenkov won’t be there to “block” his teammates’ shots with boozy bridesmaids …
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54