Jul 9, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Apparently, second-line NHL centers need to be top secret when it comes to their weddings. (Oh, wait, they’re being so confidential about it because of his exponentially more famous wife? Oh, oops.)
NHL.com reports that many of the couple’s guests won’t even know where their nuptials will take place this weekend until they get their tickets at the airport. If I worked for “US Weekly,” my feelings would be so hurt right now.
According to a report on CTV Ottawa, the wedding of Fisher and country superstar Carrie Underwood will take place this coming weekend at a resort that will be shut down exclusively for the nuptials.
Senators forward Chris Neil and defenseman Chris Phillips are among those who will be in attendance. As teammates of Fisher, they might have a clue where they’re headed, but the CTV report said guests won’t find out until they show up at the airport Thursday and are given plane tickets where their destination will be.
No word on if Jarkko Ruutu will be around to knee-to-knee random people during the electric slide, but my guess is Anton Volchenkov won’t be there to “block” his teammates’ shots with boozy bridesmaids …
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)