Jul 9, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Apparently, second-line NHL centers need to be top secret when it comes to their weddings. (Oh, wait, they’re being so confidential about it because of his exponentially more famous wife? Oh, oops.)
NHL.com reports that many of the couple’s guests won’t even know where their nuptials will take place this weekend until they get their tickets at the airport. If I worked for “US Weekly,” my feelings would be so hurt right now.
According to a report on CTV Ottawa, the wedding of Fisher and country superstar Carrie Underwood will take place this coming weekend at a resort that will be shut down exclusively for the nuptials.
Senators forward Chris Neil and defenseman Chris Phillips are among those who will be in attendance. As teammates of Fisher, they might have a clue where they’re headed, but the CTV report said guests won’t find out until they show up at the airport Thursday and are given plane tickets where their destination will be.
No word on if Jarkko Ruutu will be around to knee-to-knee random people during the electric slide, but my guess is Anton Volchenkov won’t be there to “block” his teammates’ shots with boozy bridesmaids …
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)