Jul 8, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
When you’re trying to sell tickets to a fan base as stagnant as the Florida Panthers’, you sometimes have to stretch the boundaries of credibility. So don’t blame the moribund franchise for hoping that Lebronamania* will run wild on hockey fans, too.
*I prefer Lebronamania to Lebronmania, simply because it evokes Hulkamania. Yes, I am a simple man.
George Richards reports that the team is trying to capitalize on the hoop star’s hoopla with a deal that is supposedly fit for a king (ugh).
The Heat may be out of season tickets thanks in part to LeBron Mania.
The Panthers are trying to get in on the fun.
From now until July 12, you can get season tickets in the lower bowl for $23 per game; $6 in the upper deck.
They’re calling it ‘Seats Fit for a King.’
You can’t blame them for an obvious reach, but the Florida Panthers will succeed because Tallonamania, not Lebronamania. (So far, so good there, by the way.)
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)