Jul 8, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
When you’re trying to sell tickets to a fan base as stagnant as the Florida Panthers’, you sometimes have to stretch the boundaries of credibility. So don’t blame the moribund franchise for hoping that Lebronamania* will run wild on hockey fans, too.
*I prefer Lebronamania to Lebronmania, simply because it evokes Hulkamania. Yes, I am a simple man.
George Richards reports that the team is trying to capitalize on the hoop star’s hoopla with a deal that is supposedly fit for a king (ugh).
The Heat may be out of season tickets thanks in part to LeBron Mania.
The Panthers are trying to get in on the fun.
From now until July 12, you can get season tickets in the lower bowl for $23 per game; $6 in the upper deck.
They’re calling it ‘Seats Fit for a King.’
You can’t blame them for an obvious reach, but the Florida Panthers will succeed because Tallonamania, not Lebronamania. (So far, so good there, by the way.)
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21