Jul 8, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
When you’re trying to sell tickets to a fan base as stagnant as the Florida Panthers’, you sometimes have to stretch the boundaries of credibility. So don’t blame the moribund franchise for hoping that Lebronamania* will run wild on hockey fans, too.
*I prefer Lebronamania to Lebronmania, simply because it evokes Hulkamania. Yes, I am a simple man.
George Richards reports that the team is trying to capitalize on the hoop star’s hoopla with a deal that is supposedly fit for a king (ugh).
The Heat may be out of season tickets thanks in part to LeBron Mania.
The Panthers are trying to get in on the fun.
From now until July 12, you can get season tickets in the lower bowl for $23 per game; $6 in the upper deck.
They’re calling it ‘Seats Fit for a King.’
You can’t blame them for an obvious reach, but the Florida Panthers will succeed because Tallonamania, not Lebronamania. (So far, so good there, by the way.)
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)