Jul 8, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
When you’re trying to sell tickets to a fan base as stagnant as the Florida Panthers’, you sometimes have to stretch the boundaries of credibility. So don’t blame the moribund franchise for hoping that Lebronamania* will run wild on hockey fans, too.
*I prefer Lebronamania to Lebronmania, simply because it evokes Hulkamania. Yes, I am a simple man.
George Richards reports that the team is trying to capitalize on the hoop star’s hoopla with a deal that is supposedly fit for a king (ugh).
The Heat may be out of season tickets thanks in part to LeBron Mania.
The Panthers are trying to get in on the fun.
From now until July 12, you can get season tickets in the lower bowl for $23 per game; $6 in the upper deck.
They’re calling it ‘Seats Fit for a King.’
You can’t blame them for an obvious reach, but the Florida Panthers will succeed because Tallonamania, not Lebronamania. (So far, so good there, by the way.)
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)