Jul 7, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed one of the team’s many surprises from last year in Brandon Yip. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater brings the details.
Yip has agreed to a 2-year, $1.45 million contract The Denver Post has discovered and learned and processed.
700 and 750.
The contract is more about the commitment of time for Yip than it is about the money as he made, in all, $750,000 last season thanks to bonuses. Yip had 11 goals and eight assists in 32 games for the Avs last season that was hampered by injuries. The former Boston University standout found a comfort zone almost immediately in head coach Joe Sacco’s system and clicked well on the power play with Matt Duchene and Darcy Tucker (go figure!). Yip took full advantage of his time on the ice when the Avs were beset by injuries to their forwards. If Yip can continue to bring it for Colorado, they’ve got a steal of a deal.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)