Jul 7, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed one of the team’s many surprises from last year in Brandon Yip. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater brings the details.
Yip has agreed to a 2-year, $1.45 million contract The Denver Post has discovered and learned and processed.
700 and 750.
The contract is more about the commitment of time for Yip than it is about the money as he made, in all, $750,000 last season thanks to bonuses. Yip had 11 goals and eight assists in 32 games for the Avs last season that was hampered by injuries. The former Boston University standout found a comfort zone almost immediately in head coach Joe Sacco’s system and clicked well on the power play with Matt Duchene and Darcy Tucker (go figure!). Yip took full advantage of his time on the ice when the Avs were beset by injuries to their forwards. If Yip can continue to bring it for Colorado, they’ve got a steal of a deal.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)