Jul 7, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed one of the team’s many surprises from last year in Brandon Yip. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater brings the details.
Yip has agreed to a 2-year, $1.45 million contract The Denver Post has discovered and learned and processed.
700 and 750.
The contract is more about the commitment of time for Yip than it is about the money as he made, in all, $750,000 last season thanks to bonuses. Yip had 11 goals and eight assists in 32 games for the Avs last season that was hampered by injuries. The former Boston University standout found a comfort zone almost immediately in head coach Joe Sacco’s system and clicked well on the power play with Matt Duchene and Darcy Tucker (go figure!). Yip took full advantage of his time on the ice when the Avs were beset by injuries to their forwards. If Yip can continue to bring it for Colorado, they’ve got a steal of a deal.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)