Jul 7, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed one of the team’s many surprises from last year in Brandon Yip. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater brings the details.
Yip has agreed to a 2-year, $1.45 million contract The Denver Post has discovered and learned and processed.
700 and 750.
The contract is more about the commitment of time for Yip than it is about the money as he made, in all, $750,000 last season thanks to bonuses. Yip had 11 goals and eight assists in 32 games for the Avs last season that was hampered by injuries. The former Boston University standout found a comfort zone almost immediately in head coach Joe Sacco’s system and clicked well on the power play with Matt Duchene and Darcy Tucker (go figure!). Yip took full advantage of his time on the ice when the Avs were beset by injuries to their forwards. If Yip can continue to bring it for Colorado, they’ve got a steal of a deal.
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)