Jul 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
One of the biggest restricted free agent mysteries just went solved as the St. Louis Blues signed former Montreal Canadiens playoff hero Jaroslav Halak to a four-year, $15 million contract according to Nick Kypreos. That works out to a $3.75 million cap hit for each year.
I’ll expand on this soon, but I thought I’d let you know the news first before I get into deeper analysis.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5