Jul 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
One of the biggest restricted free agent mysteries just went solved as the St. Louis Blues signed former Montreal Canadiens playoff hero Jaroslav Halak to a four-year, $15 million contract according to Nick Kypreos. That works out to a $3.75 million cap hit for each year.
I’ll expand on this soon, but I thought I’d let you know the news first before I get into deeper analysis.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32