Jul 6, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
One of the biggest restricted free agent mysteries just went solved as the St. Louis Blues signed former Montreal Canadiens playoff hero Jaroslav Halak to a four-year, $15 million contract according to Nick Kypreos. That works out to a $3.75 million cap hit for each year.
I’ll expand on this soon, but I thought I’d let you know the news first before I get into deeper analysis.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63