Jul 6, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at a few minor signings from around the NHL.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning signed defenseman Mike Lundin and recently acquired forward Teddy Purcell to one-year contracts. Pierre LeBrun reports that Lundin’s contract will be worth $750K. Lundin had three goals and 10 assists for 13 points in 49 games for the Lightning last year. While Purcell only produced six points in 41 games for the Kings, the small right-winger played quite a bit better in Tampa Bay, scoring nine points in 19 games.
- It’s been a busy day or two for the St. Louis Blues, as they also signed Cam Janssen to a one-year deal that LeBrun reports will be worth $600K. I am morally obligated to post this fight video between Janssen and New Jersey Devils tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from last season. It is epic; you shall not complain.
- Finally, the Detroit Red Wings signed Ryan Miller’s brother Drew to a one-year contract. The 26-year-old forward played in 66 games last season, compiling career-highs with 10 goals, nine assists and 19 points.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 19
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld