Jul 6, 2010, 4:20 PM EST
Let’s take a look at a few minor signings from around the NHL.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning signed defenseman Mike Lundin and recently acquired forward Teddy Purcell to one-year contracts. Pierre LeBrun reports that Lundin’s contract will be worth $750K. Lundin had three goals and 10 assists for 13 points in 49 games for the Lightning last year. While Purcell only produced six points in 41 games for the Kings, the small right-winger played quite a bit better in Tampa Bay, scoring nine points in 19 games.
- It’s been a busy day or two for the St. Louis Blues, as they also signed Cam Janssen to a one-year deal that LeBrun reports will be worth $600K. I am morally obligated to post this fight video between Janssen and New Jersey Devils tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from last season. It is epic; you shall not complain.
- Finally, the Detroit Red Wings signed Ryan Miller’s brother Drew to a one-year contract. The 26-year-old forward played in 66 games last season, compiling career-highs with 10 goals, nine assists and 19 points.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld