Jul 6, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at a few minor signings from around the NHL.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning signed defenseman Mike Lundin and recently acquired forward Teddy Purcell to one-year contracts. Pierre LeBrun reports that Lundin’s contract will be worth $750K. Lundin had three goals and 10 assists for 13 points in 49 games for the Lightning last year. While Purcell only produced six points in 41 games for the Kings, the small right-winger played quite a bit better in Tampa Bay, scoring nine points in 19 games.
- It’s been a busy day or two for the St. Louis Blues, as they also signed Cam Janssen to a one-year deal that LeBrun reports will be worth $600K. I am morally obligated to post this fight video between Janssen and New Jersey Devils tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from last season. It is epic; you shall not complain.
- Finally, the Detroit Red Wings signed Ryan Miller’s brother Drew to a one-year contract. The 26-year-old forward played in 66 games last season, compiling career-highs with 10 goals, nine assists and 19 points.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld