Jul 6, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at a few minor signings from around the NHL.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning signed defenseman Mike Lundin and recently acquired forward Teddy Purcell to one-year contracts. Pierre LeBrun reports that Lundin’s contract will be worth $750K. Lundin had three goals and 10 assists for 13 points in 49 games for the Lightning last year. While Purcell only produced six points in 41 games for the Kings, the small right-winger played quite a bit better in Tampa Bay, scoring nine points in 19 games.
- It’s been a busy day or two for the St. Louis Blues, as they also signed Cam Janssen to a one-year deal that LeBrun reports will be worth $600K. I am morally obligated to post this fight video between Janssen and New Jersey Devils tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from last season. It is epic; you shall not complain.
- Finally, the Detroit Red Wings signed Ryan Miller’s brother Drew to a one-year contract. The 26-year-old forward played in 66 games last season, compiling career-highs with 10 goals, nine assists and 19 points.
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 0
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 18
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 3
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 9
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 17
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld