Jul 5, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
James Mirtle notes on Twitter that the New York Post recently changed the headline for its original story on Ilya Kovalchuk. At first, the indication was that the New Jersey Devils were on the verge of signing Kovalchuk to a seven-year, $60 million contract. Compare and contrast the headlines.
So with that, the Ilya Kovalchuk saga continues.
Moving forward, I’ll let you know once an official signing is announced. Stay tuned, as that deal very well could end up coming to fruition … even if it doesn’t make complete sense to me.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)