Jul 5, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
James Mirtle notes on Twitter that the New York Post recently changed the headline for its original story on Ilya Kovalchuk. At first, the indication was that the New Jersey Devils were on the verge of signing Kovalchuk to a seven-year, $60 million contract. Compare and contrast the headlines.
So with that, the Ilya Kovalchuk saga continues.
Moving forward, I’ll let you know once an official signing is announced. Stay tuned, as that deal very well could end up coming to fruition … even if it doesn’t make complete sense to me.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)