Jul 5, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
James Mirtle notes on Twitter that the New York Post recently changed the headline for its original story on Ilya Kovalchuk. At first, the indication was that the New Jersey Devils were on the verge of signing Kovalchuk to a seven-year, $60 million contract. Compare and contrast the headlines.
So with that, the Ilya Kovalchuk saga continues.
Moving forward, I’ll let you know once an official signing is announced. Stay tuned, as that deal very well could end up coming to fruition … even if it doesn’t make complete sense to me.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 3
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)