Jul 4, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Russian Web site connects Avs, Flyers to Kovalchuk – It sounds like neither team is too deep into talks with Kovalchuk, after all.
Modano taking his time in finding his next destination – He might break the Awkwardness Scale if he returns to Dallas wearing a Detroit Red Wings jersey.
There was a bidding war for Boogaard. Seriously. – We should get Don King involved next time.
Kovalchuk rejects Kings’ best shot – The saga continues. Again.
Comparing Patrick Kane to the all-time best American forwards – It’s crazy how well Kane compares to Mike Modano, Pat LaFontaine and Jeremy Roenick. At least in their first three seasons.
Kovalchuk demands $100M – Not sure if that’s true, but if so, you have to wonder how reasonable he’s being in contract talks.
The All-Time All-American team – The big debate, in my mind, is Tom Barrasso vs. Mike Richter. I went with Barrasso. Who would you choose?
Brian Burke honors son in Toronto Pride Parade – A difficult, but beautiful story.
KHL team might land Kovalchuk – Oddly enough, though, the offer isn’t for $100 million. It’s a story worth examining, but we’ll see if it’s anything more than a rumor soon enough.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5