Jul 4, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Russian Web site connects Avs, Flyers to Kovalchuk – It sounds like neither team is too deep into talks with Kovalchuk, after all.
Modano taking his time in finding his next destination – He might break the Awkwardness Scale if he returns to Dallas wearing a Detroit Red Wings jersey.
There was a bidding war for Boogaard. Seriously. – We should get Don King involved next time.
Kovalchuk rejects Kings’ best shot – The saga continues. Again.
Comparing Patrick Kane to the all-time best American forwards – It’s crazy how well Kane compares to Mike Modano, Pat LaFontaine and Jeremy Roenick. At least in their first three seasons.
Kovalchuk demands $100M – Not sure if that’s true, but if so, you have to wonder how reasonable he’s being in contract talks.
The All-Time All-American team – The big debate, in my mind, is Tom Barrasso vs. Mike Richter. I went with Barrasso. Who would you choose?
Brian Burke honors son in Toronto Pride Parade – A difficult, but beautiful story.
KHL team might land Kovalchuk – Oddly enough, though, the offer isn’t for $100 million. It’s a story worth examining, but we’ll see if it’s anything more than a rumor soon enough.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)