Jul 4, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
While Glen Sather continues to play hardball with Rangers fans by giving enforcer Derek Boogaard a four-year contract while not getting a contract settled with restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal, he is making sure to take care of the growing stable of talented youth in Manhattan. Of course, if you’re a fan of the Wisconsin Badgers, you may be a bit upset by this.
The New York Post’s Larry Brooks is reporting that the Rangers will be signing senior defenseman Ryan McDonagh to an entry-level contract and having him join the Rangers at training camp in September.
The Post has been told that McDonagh, who had been undecided between turning pro and returning to Madison for his senior season, was won over by the environment at last week’s Rangers’ prospect camp during which he mixed with fellow hopefuls and the team’s front-office personnel, notably general manager Glen Sather, coach John Tortorella and special assistants Mark Messier and Adam Graves.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)