Jul 4, 2010, 11:54 AM EST
While Glen Sather continues to play hardball with Rangers fans by giving enforcer Derek Boogaard a four-year contract while not getting a contract settled with restricted free agent defenseman Marc Staal, he is making sure to take care of the growing stable of talented youth in Manhattan. Of course, if you’re a fan of the Wisconsin Badgers, you may be a bit upset by this.
The New York Post’s Larry Brooks is reporting that the Rangers will be signing senior defenseman Ryan McDonagh to an entry-level contract and having him join the Rangers at training camp in September.
The Post has been told that McDonagh, who had been undecided between turning pro and returning to Madison for his senior season, was won over by the environment at last week’s Rangers’ prospect camp during which he mixed with fellow hopefuls and the team’s front-office personnel, notably general manager Glen Sather, coach John Tortorella and special assistants Mark Messier and Adam Graves.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8