Jul 3, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Oilers sign Alexandre Giroux: Well, he has a good last name …
Hawks, Bruins and Leafs smacked down by salary cap penalties: Yet, somehow, Vince McMahon was nowhere to be seen.
Souray clears waivers, goes nowhere: Apparently no one wants to pay $5.4 million for an injury prone, over-the-hill defenseman. But he’s handsome!*
*So I’ve been told.
Discussing the reasons why the Calgary Flames signed Olli Jokinen: Somehow, Darryl Sutter never turned to the Chewbacca defense. (Some NSFW language there, BTW.)
Penguins sign Brett Sterling: If the Penguins go by a “rent-a-winger” system, then I guess Sterling comes at a Red Box price.
Should someone sign a deal with Satan?: I just couldn’t help but use that headline.
Finally, a 2011 potential unrestricted free agent blowout.
The forwards, headlined by Joe Thornton.
The defensemen, most notably Zdeno Chara.
And the solid pool of goalies, featuring Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)