Jul 3, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Oilers sign Alexandre Giroux: Well, he has a good last name …
Hawks, Bruins and Leafs smacked down by salary cap penalties: Yet, somehow, Vince McMahon was nowhere to be seen.
Souray clears waivers, goes nowhere: Apparently no one wants to pay $5.4 million for an injury prone, over-the-hill defenseman. But he’s handsome!*
*So I’ve been told.
Discussing the reasons why the Calgary Flames signed Olli Jokinen: Somehow, Darryl Sutter never turned to the Chewbacca defense. (Some NSFW language there, BTW.)
Penguins sign Brett Sterling: If the Penguins go by a “rent-a-winger” system, then I guess Sterling comes at a Red Box price.
Should someone sign a deal with Satan?: I just couldn’t help but use that headline.
Finally, a 2011 potential unrestricted free agent blowout.
The forwards, headlined by Joe Thornton.
The defensemen, most notably Zdeno Chara.
And the solid pool of goalies, featuring Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10