Jul 3, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Oilers sign Alexandre Giroux: Well, he has a good last name …
Hawks, Bruins and Leafs smacked down by salary cap penalties: Yet, somehow, Vince McMahon was nowhere to be seen.
Souray clears waivers, goes nowhere: Apparently no one wants to pay $5.4 million for an injury prone, over-the-hill defenseman. But he’s handsome!*
*So I’ve been told.
Discussing the reasons why the Calgary Flames signed Olli Jokinen: Somehow, Darryl Sutter never turned to the Chewbacca defense. (Some NSFW language there, BTW.)
Penguins sign Brett Sterling: If the Penguins go by a “rent-a-winger” system, then I guess Sterling comes at a Red Box price.
Should someone sign a deal with Satan?: I just couldn’t help but use that headline.
Finally, a 2011 potential unrestricted free agent blowout.
The forwards, headlined by Joe Thornton.
The defensemen, most notably Zdeno Chara.
And the solid pool of goalies, featuring Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)