Jul 3, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Oilers sign Alexandre Giroux: Well, he has a good last name …
Hawks, Bruins and Leafs smacked down by salary cap penalties: Yet, somehow, Vince McMahon was nowhere to be seen.
Souray clears waivers, goes nowhere: Apparently no one wants to pay $5.4 million for an injury prone, over-the-hill defenseman. But he’s handsome!*
*So I’ve been told.
Discussing the reasons why the Calgary Flames signed Olli Jokinen: Somehow, Darryl Sutter never turned to the Chewbacca defense. (Some NSFW language there, BTW.)
Penguins sign Brett Sterling: If the Penguins go by a “rent-a-winger” system, then I guess Sterling comes at a Red Box price.
Should someone sign a deal with Satan?: I just couldn’t help but use that headline.
Finally, a 2011 potential unrestricted free agent blowout.
The forwards, headlined by Joe Thornton.
The defensemen, most notably Zdeno Chara.
And the solid pool of goalies, featuring Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5