Jul 2, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have stayed out of the unrestricted free agent frenzy for the most part and today decided to take care of a couple of their own players instead by re-signing defenseman Kyle Quincey and recently acquired from Phoenix forward Daniel Winnik. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post gives us the details.
Quincey gets two-year, $6.25 million deal. 3.0 3.25. Winnik two years at 900k and 1 million.
For Quincey that is a substantial raise. The last two seasons, Quincey made $525,000 and is now going to make a cap hit of $3.125 million for the next two seasons. Talk about a vote of confidence from your organization. Last year, Quincey was good for six goals, 23 assists and a plus-minus rating of +9 in 79 games.
Winnik gets a raise from $600,000 to a cap hit of $950,000 over two seasons. As a third or fourth line player and penalty killer for the Coyotes last year, Winnik was good for four goals, 15 assists and a plus-minus of +1 in 74 games. The Avalanche will be counting on Winnik to fill those same roles for them the next two years and help keep their forward depth sustainable.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 50
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (141)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)