Jul 2, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have stayed out of the unrestricted free agent frenzy for the most part and today decided to take care of a couple of their own players instead by re-signing defenseman Kyle Quincey and recently acquired from Phoenix forward Daniel Winnik. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post gives us the details.
Quincey gets two-year, $6.25 million deal. 3.0 3.25. Winnik two years at 900k and 1 million.
For Quincey that is a substantial raise. The last two seasons, Quincey made $525,000 and is now going to make a cap hit of $3.125 million for the next two seasons. Talk about a vote of confidence from your organization. Last year, Quincey was good for six goals, 23 assists and a plus-minus rating of +9 in 79 games.
Winnik gets a raise from $600,000 to a cap hit of $950,000 over two seasons. As a third or fourth line player and penalty killer for the Coyotes last year, Winnik was good for four goals, 15 assists and a plus-minus of +1 in 74 games. The Avalanche will be counting on Winnik to fill those same roles for them the next two years and help keep their forward depth sustainable.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 7
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 15
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)