Jul 2, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have stayed out of the unrestricted free agent frenzy for the most part and today decided to take care of a couple of their own players instead by re-signing defenseman Kyle Quincey and recently acquired from Phoenix forward Daniel Winnik. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post gives us the details.
Quincey gets two-year, $6.25 million deal. 3.0 3.25. Winnik two years at 900k and 1 million.
For Quincey that is a substantial raise. The last two seasons, Quincey made $525,000 and is now going to make a cap hit of $3.125 million for the next two seasons. Talk about a vote of confidence from your organization. Last year, Quincey was good for six goals, 23 assists and a plus-minus rating of +9 in 79 games.
Winnik gets a raise from $600,000 to a cap hit of $950,000 over two seasons. As a third or fourth line player and penalty killer for the Coyotes last year, Winnik was good for four goals, 15 assists and a plus-minus of +1 in 74 games. The Avalanche will be counting on Winnik to fill those same roles for them the next two years and help keep their forward depth sustainable.
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 5
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 6
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 16
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 29
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 39
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 33
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 33
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 59
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)