Jul 2, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs signed forward Nikolai Kulemin to a two-year, $4.7 million extension according to Darren Dreger.
The 23-year-old Russian scored 36 points during the 09-10 season and 31 in 08-09. He’s a young player who has shown some solid potential. He also earned a considerable jump in time on ice from his rookie season this year, going from 13:48 minutes per game to 16:22. He’s developing into a respectable two-way player in the eyes of some.
This leaves the Maple Leafs with a little more than $4.5 million of cap space, covering 11 forwards, seven defensemen and two goalies.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)