Jul 1, 2010, 11:54 AM EST
TSN has just reported that the Philadelphia Flyers have acquired defenseman Andrej Meszaros from the Tampa Bay Lightning, in exchange for a second round draft pick.
Meszaros is a solid defenseman who has played with the Senators and the Lightning the past five seasons, and has played in less than 81 games a season just once. He averages about 6-10 goals per season and is capable of 25-35 points, but generally is known as a physical presence in front.
This doesn’t completely keep the Flyers out of the Dan Hamhuis sweepstakes, but it does provide the team some depth should Hamhuis not sign with Phily.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)