Jul 1, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
TSN has just reported that the Philadelphia Flyers have acquired defenseman Andrej Meszaros from the Tampa Bay Lightning, in exchange for a second round draft pick.
Meszaros is a solid defenseman who has played with the Senators and the Lightning the past five seasons, and has played in less than 81 games a season just once. He averages about 6-10 goals per season and is capable of 25-35 points, but generally is known as a physical presence in front.
This doesn’t completely keep the Flyers out of the Dan Hamhuis sweepstakes, but it does provide the team some depth should Hamhuis not sign with Phily.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)