Jul 1, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
For some reason, I just assumed that the New Jersey Devils would re-sign Paul Martin. The team and the blueliner seemed tethered together because New Jersey is a little shallow in its own end while Martin never really lit up the world from a scoring standpoint.
Then again, GM Lou Lamoriello is also known for letting players leave through free agency if he they end up asking for deals that are a little too rich for his blood. It’s not clear if Martin and the team are far apart on money or what, but I haven’t heard many things about the steady blueliner staying with his team.
You never know, Martin could end up going back to Newark after dipping his toe in the free agent pool. Still, it’s unclear if the Devils even sent as much as an offer his way. Could the team be primed to shoot for a Sergei Gonchar or Dan Hamhuis-type splash?
Stay tuned for a bumpy (and fun) ride today.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1