Jul 1, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
For some reason, I just assumed that the New Jersey Devils would re-sign Paul Martin. The team and the blueliner seemed tethered together because New Jersey is a little shallow in its own end while Martin never really lit up the world from a scoring standpoint.
Then again, GM Lou Lamoriello is also known for letting players leave through free agency if he they end up asking for deals that are a little too rich for his blood. It’s not clear if Martin and the team are far apart on money or what, but I haven’t heard many things about the steady blueliner staying with his team.
You never know, Martin could end up going back to Newark after dipping his toe in the free agent pool. Still, it’s unclear if the Devils even sent as much as an offer his way. Could the team be primed to shoot for a Sergei Gonchar or Dan Hamhuis-type splash?
Stay tuned for a bumpy (and fun) ride today.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)