Jul 1, 2010, 11:50 AM EST
For some reason, I just assumed that the New Jersey Devils would re-sign Paul Martin. The team and the blueliner seemed tethered together because New Jersey is a little shallow in its own end while Martin never really lit up the world from a scoring standpoint.
Then again, GM Lou Lamoriello is also known for letting players leave through free agency if he they end up asking for deals that are a little too rich for his blood. It’s not clear if Martin and the team are far apart on money or what, but I haven’t heard many things about the steady blueliner staying with his team.
You never know, Martin could end up going back to Newark after dipping his toe in the free agent pool. Still, it’s unclear if the Devils even sent as much as an offer his way. Could the team be primed to shoot for a Sergei Gonchar or Dan Hamhuis-type splash?
Stay tuned for a bumpy (and fun) ride today.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8