Jul 1, 2010, 6:36 PM EDT
The raid on the Chicago Blackhawks’ depth players continues as the Dallas Stars snagged fringe forward Adam Burish with a two-year, $2.3 million deal according to Nick Kypreos.
While the Dallas Stars feature a nice collection of productive forwards, they could use a little more elbow grease. Adam Burish could flourish if he’s the “dirty work” guy on a talented Stars line, much like he often did in Chicago (when he wasn’t in the doghouse).
It does, however, show the interesting effect a championship can have on the reputations of its support players. Teams must wrestle with logical tug-of-wars, particularly this debate: would Player X thrive with bigger minutes or does he just seem more promising because he was part of a great organization?
The Stars are making a relatively low-risk move, although Burish won’t heal all wounds. He’s not going to light the scoreboard on fire (two points in 14 regular season games with Chicago), but he’s the kind of high-energy, versatile guy that Dallas could use.
Too bad he didn’t sign with an Eastern Conference team, though, because he’ll rarely have to confront Chris Pronger, the man he infamously called “an idiot.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)