Jul 1, 2010, 6:36 PM EST
The raid on the Chicago Blackhawks’ depth players continues as the Dallas Stars snagged fringe forward Adam Burish with a two-year, $2.3 million deal according to Nick Kypreos.
While the Dallas Stars feature a nice collection of productive forwards, they could use a little more elbow grease. Adam Burish could flourish if he’s the “dirty work” guy on a talented Stars line, much like he often did in Chicago (when he wasn’t in the doghouse).
It does, however, show the interesting effect a championship can have on the reputations of its support players. Teams must wrestle with logical tug-of-wars, particularly this debate: would Player X thrive with bigger minutes or does he just seem more promising because he was part of a great organization?
The Stars are making a relatively low-risk move, although Burish won’t heal all wounds. He’s not going to light the scoreboard on fire (two points in 14 regular season games with Chicago), but he’s the kind of high-energy, versatile guy that Dallas could use.
Too bad he didn’t sign with an Eastern Conference team, though, because he’ll rarely have to confront Chris Pronger, the man he infamously called “an idiot.”
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)