Jul 1, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Earlier today, as we neared the start of free agency, rumors started to pop up that had the Boston Bruins trading Marc Savard to the Calgary Flames.
There’s just one issue with that rumor, and one that seems to be the sticking point with that deal going down.
Robin Regehr, who would supposedly be the other piece of the trade, hasn’t been asked to waive his no-movement clause. Marc Savard, on the other hand, still hasn’t named Calgary as one of the teams he’d be willing to trade for.
As with anything around this time of year, anything can happen. But as of now, it just doesn’t seem like this trade is any closer to happening than it was when it was first rumored to be going down earlier today.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)