Jul 1, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Earlier today, as we neared the start of free agency, rumors started to pop up that had the Boston Bruins trading Marc Savard to the Calgary Flames.
There’s just one issue with that rumor, and one that seems to be the sticking point with that deal going down.
Robin Regehr, who would supposedly be the other piece of the trade, hasn’t been asked to waive his no-movement clause. Marc Savard, on the other hand, still hasn’t named Calgary as one of the teams he’d be willing to trade for.
As with anything around this time of year, anything can happen. But as of now, it just doesn’t seem like this trade is any closer to happening than it was when it was first rumored to be going down earlier today.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)