Jul 1, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Earlier today, as we neared the start of free agency, rumors started to pop up that had the Boston Bruins trading Marc Savard to the Calgary Flames.
There’s just one issue with that rumor, and one that seems to be the sticking point with that deal going down.
Robin Regehr, who would supposedly be the other piece of the trade, hasn’t been asked to waive his no-movement clause. Marc Savard, on the other hand, still hasn’t named Calgary as one of the teams he’d be willing to trade for.
As with anything around this time of year, anything can happen. But as of now, it just doesn’t seem like this trade is any closer to happening than it was when it was first rumored to be going down earlier today.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)