Jul 1, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Earlier today, as we neared the start of free agency, rumors started to pop up that had the Boston Bruins trading Marc Savard to the Calgary Flames.
There’s just one issue with that rumor, and one that seems to be the sticking point with that deal going down.
Robin Regehr, who would supposedly be the other piece of the trade, hasn’t been asked to waive his no-movement clause. Marc Savard, on the other hand, still hasn’t named Calgary as one of the teams he’d be willing to trade for.
As with anything around this time of year, anything can happen. But as of now, it just doesn’t seem like this trade is any closer to happening than it was when it was first rumored to be going down earlier today.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)