Jul 1, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Earlier today, as we neared the start of free agency, rumors started to pop up that had the Boston Bruins trading Marc Savard to the Calgary Flames.
There’s just one issue with that rumor, and one that seems to be the sticking point with that deal going down.
Robin Regehr, who would supposedly be the other piece of the trade, hasn’t been asked to waive his no-movement clause. Marc Savard, on the other hand, still hasn’t named Calgary as one of the teams he’d be willing to trade for.
As with anything around this time of year, anything can happen. But as of now, it just doesn’t seem like this trade is any closer to happening than it was when it was first rumored to be going down earlier today.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6