Jul 1, 2010, 12:07 PM EDT
As of noon today, Marc Savard’s no trade clause opened up to allow him to name five teams he’d be willing to be traded to. Almost immediately, rumors began to pop up on a trade that sends Savard from Boston to Calgary.
The specifics, of course, differ depending on who the source is — but the one we’re hearing the most is a trade involving Marc Savard to Calgary and Robyn Regehr to Boston.
The Bruins have been desperately shopping Savard, despite Savard’s supposed desire to stay in Boston. However, reports have began to pop up lately that perhaps Savard isn’t the great teammate the rest of us thought he had been in Boston, with many of his teammates not coming to his immediate defense when a trade was brought up.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)