Jul 1, 2010, 12:07 PM EST
As of noon today, Marc Savard’s no trade clause opened up to allow him to name five teams he’d be willing to be traded to. Almost immediately, rumors began to pop up on a trade that sends Savard from Boston to Calgary.
The specifics, of course, differ depending on who the source is — but the one we’re hearing the most is a trade involving Marc Savard to Calgary and Robyn Regehr to Boston.
The Bruins have been desperately shopping Savard, despite Savard’s supposed desire to stay in Boston. However, reports have began to pop up lately that perhaps Savard isn’t the great teammate the rest of us thought he had been in Boston, with many of his teammates not coming to his immediate defense when a trade was brought up.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 13
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5