Jul 1, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
With the Pittsburgh Penguins losing Sergei Gonchar to the Senators, the talk has now heated up with the Pens becoming interested in defenseman Paul Martin.
Martin was unable to re-sign with the Devils and is now on the open market. You wonder just how much the Penguins would be willing to give Martin, however, as they seemed unwilling to make a big commitment to Gonchar.
Of course, Martin is just a bit younger than Gonchar — who’s had some injury issues of his own lately. The Penguins would likely be much more willing to give Martin the money that Gonchar wanted, for more years, especially considering Martin’s age and potential.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)