Jul 1, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
With the Pittsburgh Penguins losing Sergei Gonchar to the Senators, the talk has now heated up with the Pens becoming interested in defenseman Paul Martin.
Martin was unable to re-sign with the Devils and is now on the open market. You wonder just how much the Penguins would be willing to give Martin, however, as they seemed unwilling to make a big commitment to Gonchar.
Of course, Martin is just a bit younger than Gonchar — who’s had some injury issues of his own lately. The Penguins would likely be much more willing to give Martin the money that Gonchar wanted, for more years, especially considering Martin’s age and potential.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)