Jul 1, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils lost Paul Martin to the Pittsburgh Penguins, but gained one of the more underrated defensemen on the market by signing Henrik Tallinder to a four-year contract worth $3.375 million per season.
Tallinder was part of the solid Buffalo Sabres blue line last season, and has played his entire career in Buffalo. He’s far from an offensive guru, but he is a very solid and dependable shut down defenseman that should fit perfectly in the Devils’ system.
With Tallinder now signed, the stakes are raising for Dan Hamhuis as more and more teams get in on his negotiations.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)