Jul 1, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils lost Paul Martin to the Pittsburgh Penguins, but gained one of the more underrated defensemen on the market by signing Henrik Tallinder to a four-year contract worth $3.375 million per season.
Tallinder was part of the solid Buffalo Sabres blue line last season, and has played his entire career in Buffalo. He’s far from an offensive guru, but he is a very solid and dependable shut down defenseman that should fit perfectly in the Devils’ system.
With Tallinder now signed, the stakes are raising for Dan Hamhuis as more and more teams get in on his negotiations.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5