Jul 1, 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild signed former Calgary Flames forward Eric Nystrom to a three-year, $4.2 million contract according to Bob McKenzie.
At age 27 with a career-high of 19 points last season, it’s hard to say that Nystrom justified the Flames’ decision to make him the 10th pick of the 2002 draft. He’s a gritty player, a lot like his father, former NHL player Bob Nystrom. Aside from that tidbit, the only particularly interesting fact about him is that three out of his five goals during the 2008-09 season were game-winners.
It’s been a great day for solid but unspectacular players, particularly when it comes to the Minnesota Wild.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9