Jul 1, 2010, 1:57 PM EST
Manny Malhotra is getting one heck of a raise, thanks to the Vancouver Canucks.
After making $700,000 last season with the San Jose Sharks, Malhotra has signed a three-year contract worth $2.5 million per season with the Canucks, with a no-trade clause thrown in for good measure.
Apparently the going rate this summer for mediocre 10-20 goal scorers is in the range of $2 to $3 million per season.
Malhotra did have the best season of his career last year with San Jose, with 14 goals and a career-high plus-17 rating in 71 games. So, I guess you could say he was due a raise.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16