Jul 1, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Manny Malhotra is getting one heck of a raise, thanks to the Vancouver Canucks.
After making $700,000 last season with the San Jose Sharks, Malhotra has signed a three-year contract worth $2.5 million per season with the Canucks, with a no-trade clause thrown in for good measure.
Apparently the going rate this summer for mediocre 10-20 goal scorers is in the range of $2 to $3 million per season.
Malhotra did have the best season of his career last year with San Jose, with 14 goals and a career-high plus-17 rating in 71 games. So, I guess you could say he was due a raise.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)