Jul 1, 2010, 1:57 PM EST
Manny Malhotra is getting one heck of a raise, thanks to the Vancouver Canucks.
After making $700,000 last season with the San Jose Sharks, Malhotra has signed a three-year contract worth $2.5 million per season with the Canucks, with a no-trade clause thrown in for good measure.
Apparently the going rate this summer for mediocre 10-20 goal scorers is in the range of $2 to $3 million per season.
Malhotra did have the best season of his career last year with San Jose, with 14 goals and a career-high plus-17 rating in 71 games. So, I guess you could say he was due a raise.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)