Jul 1, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Manny Malhotra is getting one heck of a raise, thanks to the Vancouver Canucks.
After making $700,000 last season with the San Jose Sharks, Malhotra has signed a three-year contract worth $2.5 million per season with the Canucks, with a no-trade clause thrown in for good measure.
Apparently the going rate this summer for mediocre 10-20 goal scorers is in the range of $2 to $3 million per season.
Malhotra did have the best season of his career last year with San Jose, with 14 goals and a career-high plus-17 rating in 71 games. So, I guess you could say he was due a raise.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)