Jul 1, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Dan Ellis seemed extremely excited about his rights being traded to the Montreal Canadiens, going off on Twitter about thrilled he was to be going to “hockey mecha”.
Now, it seems, Ellis is headed into the free agency market after all. Several reports have said that contract negotiations with Ellis never went very far, and now that free agency is about to begin he’s officially on the open market.
According to how Ellis reacted to the trade to Montreal, there’s still a chance he signs with the Canadiens.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 7
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13