Jul 1, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
We don’t have the financials just yet, but it looks as though the Tampa Bay Lightning have signed goaltender Dan Ellis.
Ellis had hoped to sign with the Montreal Canadiens after having his rights traded, but with Alex Auld signing with the Habs, Ellis had to turn elsewhere.
He’ll be a great fit with Tampa Bay, as Steve Yzerman continues to rebuild his team is very short fashion. Ellis is a starting-caliber goaltender with a great work ethic and an even better attitude in the locker room.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)