Jul 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres lost two defensemen via free agency, but managed to fill that void by signing free agent defenseman Jordan Leopold — who finished last season with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The financial terms haven’t been disclosed just yet, but it’s a three-year contract for another one of the more underrated defensemen on the market as more and more blueliners get big deals today.
Leopold has been a trade deadline piece the past two years, first going from Calgary to Florida in 2009, then heading from Florida to Pittsburgh this past spring.
While losing Lydman and Tallinder hurts, gaining Leopold should help the transition just a bit.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)