Jul 1, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars announced this afternoon that they have signed goaltender Andrew Raycroft to a two-year contract, filling their need for a backup goaltender to new starter Kari Lehtonen.
Financially, it’s a great deal for the Stars. The first season of the deal is two ways, worth $700,000/$105,000 and the second year a one-way deal worth $600,000.
Raycroft enjoyed a good start to his career in Boston, but hasn’t exactly shined the past four seasons. After nearly getting the Maple Leafs to the playoffs in 2007, he fell apart two years ago in Toronto and Colorado. After a decent season as Roberto Luongo’s backup in Vancouver, he gives the Stars a decent option as a backup goaltender.
Still no home for Marty Turco and Evgeni Nabokov.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8