Jul 1, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars announced this afternoon that they have signed goaltender Andrew Raycroft to a two-year contract, filling their need for a backup goaltender to new starter Kari Lehtonen.
Financially, it’s a great deal for the Stars. The first season of the deal is two ways, worth $700,000/$105,000 and the second year a one-way deal worth $600,000.
Raycroft enjoyed a good start to his career in Boston, but hasn’t exactly shined the past four seasons. After nearly getting the Maple Leafs to the playoffs in 2007, he fell apart two years ago in Toronto and Colorado. After a decent season as Roberto Luongo’s backup in Vancouver, he gives the Stars a decent option as a backup goaltender.
Still no home for Marty Turco and Evgeni Nabokov.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34