Jul 1, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
The Dallas Stars announced this afternoon that they have signed goaltender Andrew Raycroft to a two-year contract, filling their need for a backup goaltender to new starter Kari Lehtonen.
Financially, it’s a great deal for the Stars. The first season of the deal is two ways, worth $700,000/$105,000 and the second year a one-way deal worth $600,000.
Raycroft enjoyed a good start to his career in Boston, but hasn’t exactly shined the past four seasons. After nearly getting the Maple Leafs to the playoffs in 2007, he fell apart two years ago in Toronto and Colorado. After a decent season as Roberto Luongo’s backup in Vancouver, he gives the Stars a decent option as a backup goaltender.
Still no home for Marty Turco and Evgeni Nabokov.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)