Jul 1, 2010, 12:27 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is headed back to Calgary, signing a one-year contract with the Flames. He enjoyed the best season of his career a few years back with Calgary, but scored just 37 points last year with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Still haven’t heard the exact financial terms, but for now we knows it’s a one-year deal. Tanguay is just 30 years old, but he’s bounced around the past few seasons and you wonder if Tanguay is the player they really need. Sure, he had some great years in the past but lately he hasn’t been the offensive force he’d been just a few years ago.
Tanguay hasn’t been the same player he once was in a few years, which is why it was just a one-year contract.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)