Jul 1, 2010, 12:27 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is headed back to Calgary, signing a one-year contract with the Flames. He enjoyed the best season of his career a few years back with Calgary, but scored just 37 points last year with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Still haven’t heard the exact financial terms, but for now we knows it’s a one-year deal. Tanguay is just 30 years old, but he’s bounced around the past few seasons and you wonder if Tanguay is the player they really need. Sure, he had some great years in the past but lately he hasn’t been the offensive force he’d been just a few years ago.
Tanguay hasn’t been the same player he once was in a few years, which is why it was just a one-year contract.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 6
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)