Jul 1, 2010, 12:27 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is headed back to Calgary, signing a one-year contract with the Flames. He enjoyed the best season of his career a few years back with Calgary, but scored just 37 points last year with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Still haven’t heard the exact financial terms, but for now we knows it’s a one-year deal. Tanguay is just 30 years old, but he’s bounced around the past few seasons and you wonder if Tanguay is the player they really need. Sure, he had some great years in the past but lately he hasn’t been the offensive force he’d been just a few years ago.
Tanguay hasn’t been the same player he once was in a few years, which is why it was just a one-year contract.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead