Jul 1, 2010, 12:27 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is headed back to Calgary, signing a one-year contract with the Flames. He enjoyed the best season of his career a few years back with Calgary, but scored just 37 points last year with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Still haven’t heard the exact financial terms, but for now we knows it’s a one-year deal. Tanguay is just 30 years old, but he’s bounced around the past few seasons and you wonder if Tanguay is the player they really need. Sure, he had some great years in the past but lately he hasn’t been the offensive force he’d been just a few years ago.
Tanguay hasn’t been the same player he once was in a few years, which is why it was just a one-year contract.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5