Jul 1, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
We’re just 30 minutes until the 2010 NHL Free Agency period begins, and the rumors are flying as to where each play will end up.
The biggest name out there right now is Ilya Kovalchuk, and the consensus is that he’ll likely end up in Los Angeles — although at this point it’s wide open.
Dan Hamhuis — who still hasn’t signed with Pittsburgh — looks to be the most popular defenseman on the market as well, followed by Anton Volchenkov.
We’ll be updated PHT with every signing that happens today, so be prepared for things to really start flying here in half an hour.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 40
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 89
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 101
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (112)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (101)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (90)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)