Jul 1, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
We’re just 30 minutes until the 2010 NHL Free Agency period begins, and the rumors are flying as to where each play will end up.
The biggest name out there right now is Ilya Kovalchuk, and the consensus is that he’ll likely end up in Los Angeles — although at this point it’s wide open.
Dan Hamhuis — who still hasn’t signed with Pittsburgh — looks to be the most popular defenseman on the market as well, followed by Anton Volchenkov.
We’ll be updated PHT with every signing that happens today, so be prepared for things to really start flying here in half an hour.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)