Jul 1, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
We’re just 30 minutes until the 2010 NHL Free Agency period begins, and the rumors are flying as to where each play will end up.
The biggest name out there right now is Ilya Kovalchuk, and the consensus is that he’ll likely end up in Los Angeles — although at this point it’s wide open.
Dan Hamhuis — who still hasn’t signed with Pittsburgh — looks to be the most popular defenseman on the market as well, followed by Anton Volchenkov.
We’ll be updated PHT with every signing that happens today, so be prepared for things to really start flying here in half an hour.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)